`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dad's baseball cards

My Dad's baseball cards
Hi, I'm new to Becketts and was thinking about selling my collection. But before I do, I was curious about my Dad's cards which are even older than mine. I have never seen these types advertized before and they have no markings that I can see. I was wondering if any experienced collectors would be able to identify the cards and the approximate worth. They have no stats on the back sides and I think he said he paid 5 cents a piece for each of them at an amusement park outside of Cincinnati. I attached a scan of some of the cards to give you a better idea of their condition and their size. They're about the size of some of my 1970 Topps supersized cards...approx. 3x5"?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: My Dad's baseball cards
First of all, welcome to the boards. There's a lot of good traders and people here to deal with. Good luck getting started.

As for your question about the cards, attachments don't work on this site. I don't even know why that's an option.

You need to upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket. It's free and simple to use. Just signup and upload the pictures there. Each picture will have a couple of codes with it when it gets uploaded. Copy and paste the IMG code in the threads on here and the pictures will show up that way.

Look forward to seeing them. I am sure someone around here can help once we are able to see pictures.

Again, welcome to the site.

(03-09-2013, 01:55 PM)jay45601 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to Becketts and was thinking about selling my collection. But before I do, I was curious about my Dad's cards which are even older than mine. I have never seen these types advertized before and they have no markings that I can see. I was wondering if any experienced collectors would be able to identify the cards and the approximate worth. They have no stats on the back sides and I think he said he paid 5 cents a piece for each of them at an amusement park outside of Cincinnati. I attached a scan of some of the cards to give you a better idea of their condition and their size. They're about the size of some of my 1970 Topps supersized cards...approx. 3x5"?

(03-09-2013, 04:47 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: First of all, welcome to the boards. There's a lot of good traders and people here to deal with. Good luck getting started.

As for your question about the cards, attachments don't work on this site. I don't even know why that's an option.

You need to upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket. It's free and simple to use. Just signup and upload the pictures there. Each picture will have a couple of codes with it when it gets uploaded. Copy and paste the IMG code in the threads on here and the pictures will show up that way.

Look forward to seeing them. I am sure someone around here can help once we are able to see pictures.

Again, welcome to the site.
Thanks crazyforkinsler5 for your welcome and the proper way to display a photo here. I just subscribed to PhotoBucket and added the two scans I made of my dad's baseball cards. Now I hope I have the link setup properly for the public to view them. If someone could look at these and tell me if the are familar I'd be very appreciative. I have his cards I'd consider selling as well as what I have kept as a kid and now willing to part with. Here are the links to my dad's cards:  photo DadsBaseballCards1_zpsb8fdc0ce.jpg

and

photo DadsBaseballCards2_zpsacff67c3.jpg

Those are Exhibit postcards from Esco. You can find a bit of info on the web. Here is a site with checklists and some ways to tell years.

http://keymancollectibles.com/exhibitbaseballcards.htm

You can search for them also under the name 1939-46 Salutation Exhibit Cards

(03-10-2013, 04:06 PM)KCDoughboy Wrote: You can search for them also under the name 1939-46 Salutation Exhibit Cards
My thanks to you both KCDoughboy and jnorlund32. I'll check that link. Makes sense that they would be called 1939-46 Salutation Exhibit Cards because Dad collected them in the 40s and I remember them saying Salutations on a few. I thank you both very much. Gives me a place to look now.

lmk if wanting to trade or sell
Ed
I collect vintage - all sports ,Packers-Graded,#'d,Favre& Rodgers cards.
I also will trade for -Packers,Lions,RedWings,Pistons & Tigers cards in large quantitys, let me know your team if wanting large trades-base,insert,rc's
http://darthpackerscards.webs.com/

(03-17-2013, 09:11 AM)DarthPacker Wrote: lmk if wanting to trade or sell
Ed
I'd be willing to sell them. My Dad's cards are listed in my registry homepage without pictures, yet, and I am in the process of adding my own cards there as well. I could scan select cards for viewing if there is interest. My cards that I collected are vintage 60s and 70s Topps but I have never had either mine nor my Dad's cards evaluated by an expert. I was going to attend a sports card show to see how I go about selling them for the best price. I have 60s football cards too.

Jay Parker

Those are some nice pieces there. I collect from 50-70's era cards too.
Would love to see what football you have as well.
I may be interested in them via paypal
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

Very nice cards....Also check under 1947-66 Exhibits. I believe a few are from that series.