`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What to do with commons?

What to do with commons?
I have just started collecting basketball cards and I have picked up a lot of 12-13 Thread commons. I was just wondering what you guys do with your commons. If you keep them, how do you store them?

RE: What to do with commons?
Some guys collect sets. Others collect players or teams. So you can trade commons with those guys. I just store mine in 3000 or 5000 count boxes and stick a 3X5 card with the year and set name to divide them up so it is easier to find later.

If you don't want to mess with trading or selling, find some kids to give them to. Orphanage. Boys club, Children's hospital, etc.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

if you are in the boston area, i highly suggest giving them to dana farber/jimmy fund/children's hospital.

That's a great idea! I have my set in binders but I will find a place to donate the extras. I live in eastern Kentucky so i don't live near anything. Maybe I could mail them , hhmm. Thanks for the ideas.

Jacoby, do you give your commons the the Jimmy Fund? If so do you have any contact info?
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(03-08-2013, 07:46 AM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Jacoby, do you give your commons the the Jimmy Fund? If so do you have any contact info?
used to, but i found that with my ebay rep, i can put lots of 350 cards together, and they'll sell for 10-50 dollars each (granted, im throwing in stuff of my own to help it out, but still). ive been taking "freebies" from other beckett members for these lots, plus stuff ive accumulated. 100% goes to dana farber (even my regular dutch auction, which ive been running for a decade, i give 10%)

i run a charity event for the jimmy fund and dana farber (our big annual event is actually tomorrow - www.project-cupid.org), so i have become a direct seller for them

i dont have a direct contact for a card donation directly to them any more, but i can see what i can dig up

Commons for kids. Just send them to them.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I nicely store all my commons and other inserts in nice boxes and separate them by sports and do my best not to mix up different brands. that way i can search through them on later dates when players catch fire and their cards go up in price. recently found a Clin Kaepernick base and refractor topps chrome rookie cards, as well as 2 Demarcus Cousins rookies from the panini prestige set.

plus to me its just fun to go through again, its like treasure hunting lol.

[Image: LqvsVQD.png]