`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Couple ?'s for fellow hoarders

RE: Couple ?'s for fellow hoarders
(03-07-2013, 08:09 PM)chads-cards Wrote: See wendy it kills me to see them damaged but I physically cant throw them away! A lot of them are jersey and patch cards that were the victims of pack searchers. Bent up around the jersey swatch etc.
Chad, if you recycle them, not only do you help the earth, but you also make your cards even more valuable by destroying part of the print run!!!Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I like that card grave yard idea lol.
I keep all of my base cards and dupes in a binder. All of my GU/AU/#d cards are all in top loaders and on display in my office. For awhile i had all of them in a binder, but found out that the binder rings damage the cards so once i realized i quickly took out everything besides the base
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I keep all my base and inserts in binders. The Gu and autos are in a box, am currently pondering about making some kind of display for them. As far as dupes? well I know enough Rams collectors that I meet at shows and on here I get rid of them.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

One 3 row for autos and some of the nicer jersey's and low serial numbers, another box for the rest of the jersey cards with base/rc/inserts with dupes in both.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I segregate my duplicates from my "uniques". I strive to make my unique collection the "mintest" it can be. If I buy a card lot of a player I collect I compare those in that lot to my unique ones and switch out any if need be. Virtually all my cards in my unique collection are in top loaders in marked boxes. My duplicates, except for the patch/auto/rare, are just in penny sleeves. I have my duplicates in order in the same fashion as those in my unique collection.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

All my babies are in the same case locked in a cabinet, they are sorted and labeled by product
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(03-08-2013, 01:32 AM)biglump007 Wrote: All my babies are in the same case locked in a cabinet, they are sorted and labeled by product
Gun cabinet I hope.
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

(03-08-2013, 01:34 AM)sevans1979 Wrote: Gun cabinet I hope.
Nope but the gun cabinet is right next to the T Jax cabinet
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(03-07-2013, 07:40 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Mainly questions for Player Collectors

Okay first one,

Do you keep a "Unique Collection" and a "Dupe Collection"?

Meaning do you keep all the different cards together and the dupes in other boxes? I do and whenever I upgrade a patch I switch them out.

I need a better way to store my stuff now that I have so many so you can give me some ideas if you want.

Question #2

Do you have a card grave yard?

I keep all my damaged Colberts in one box. I don't know why I just do it. Most of them where cards I bought that were either damaged in the mail, people gave to me, etc. But for some reason I don't keep them with the others

IF you look at my ORG.

My Jerry Rice PC.
I have a 5 folders for my Rice cards.

1 is my dupes.
2 is cards I have scanned.
3 is cards I have not scanned.
4 is a very small cards he appears on BUT it is not HIS card.
5 Are incoming/Received and have not added to either one of the other 4 folders yet.

2 and 3 are under construction right now as I have been lazy and have not updated that in awhile. And IF you wanna look at it the way I do for 2 and 3. Then 5 is also under construction. Smile

I keep everything together... unique... multiple... damaged... it's all the same to me if I collect the card.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.