`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mathewson or aaron??

RE: mathewson or aaron??
Tough call, but I would probably go with Aaron simply because of the ease of getting the cards and because I never saw Mathewson play so I have less connection to him (heck he died before my grandparents were born). While he was one of the all-time greats, there is just a big disconnect for me there.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

They are both important figures in baseball history.

In the nineteenth century, the game was filled with gamblers, drunks, and ne'er-do-wells. Then on to the stage came Matty, the Christian Gentleman. He was the idol to every youngster across the country and changed the perception of ballplayer in the views of the public. While he didn't have the longevity of Cy Young, or the power of Walter Johnson, he did have a star quality that was unmatched.

Henry Aaron conducted himself with a grace and dignity that earned him respect and admiration from the public as he chased down Babe Ruth's home run record in the face of unspeakable racism and cruelty. Many still regard him as baseball's true home run king.

If you go with Aaron, you get to select from twenty years of Topps issues that are like a time capsule of the game, along with regional issues that are very popular. Matty, on the other hand, has an assortment of T, E, M, etc. cards that are often very desirable, along with several scarce cabinet cards.

Obviously, I went with Matty when I had to make the decision several years back. I have no regrets with the decision. You really can't go wrong with either choice.

Matthewson.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

would you take a mathewson card over a hank aaron rc?