`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Version of Motown Madness! An Awesome Wings Goalie Gamer!

My Version of Motown Madness! An Awesome Wings Goalie Gamer!
So, at this point, you are all definitely aware of my goal to collect one piece of game-used memorabilia of every player to ever play in the NHL. The hope is to one day open up a museum. Since this idea was presented, many interesting pieces were shown to me and several amazing pieces were picked up over the last year. My previous jersey was a Passmore rookie and first-win jersey that was so well-received, even Passmore himself contacted me about it because he wanted it for his collection. Unfortunately, nothing could be worked out, but at least a good story came of it.

Now, here is the next piece in my collection, also the oldest one I currently have in my game-used collection.

This is a 1991-92 Detroit Red Wings road jersey worn by Greg Millen.

Some background of this jersey and why this fits into my collection:

Greg Millen was traded by the Blackhawks to the Rangers, and then before playing with the NYR, the Rangers traded him to the Red Wings for future considerations. He then played the final ten games of his NHL career with the Red Wings. He wore this jersey for 4 of the 10 games with the team, and he also wore this jersey in his final NHL game against the San Jose Sharks on March 17, 1992 in a 5-4 win. Based on my collecting style, you know why I chose this particular piece to invest in for my collection.

And I hate saying this time and again, but there is always a new person asking me to prove that the memorabilia is real. I do have paperwork and have nothing to prove.

Now that you are sick and tired of reading, I will let the pictures talk for a while:

Front

[Image: millenjsyfront_zps61a307dc.jpg]

Front crest/puck marks

[Image: millenjsyfrontcrest_zpsa87a925a.jpg]

Front left bottom

[Image: millenjsyfrontleft_zps9b8c6668.jpg]

Front right bottom

[Image: millenjsyfrontright_zpsb6e4496c.jpg]

Rear

[Image: millenjsyrear_zpsdcf31dc6.jpg]

Rear nameplate and number

[Image: millenjsyrearnamenum_zps76d1cc80.jpg]

Rear of left sleeve

[Image: millenjsyrearleftsleeve_zpsa28634d4.jpg]

Rear bottom left

[Image: millenjsyrearbottomleft_zps4a44cd4f.jpg]

So there you go, another nice piece off of the list and one step closer to my future goal!

RE: My Version of Motown Madness! An Awesome Wings Goalie Gamer!
Those aren't puck marks! You ran over it with your car!

Seriously dude, your collection astounds me. Sorry to hear you and Steve couldn't come to anything, but at least you tried!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Another great addiction addition! your collection is soming along nicely!!

I almost added 2 more pieces from the auction last night....but the bidding went just a tad more than I wanted to spend on the pieces.....so...no new stuff for me since the Letestu WC
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Thanks for the comments guys! It is a beautiful jersey..so much different than the modern stuff, but it is so nice!