`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Oopps should of kept that card

RE: Oopps should of kept that card
i think most stories are about trout because his cards have had the biggest jump in the past year or so. my trout story isnt as bad as yalls, i sold a handful of trout rookie cards for $25 last year and now could probably get that for three of them ...meh oh well
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Never understood why Trout was so low to start with he was Rated the number 1 prospect in baseball & fell to number 3 a year later then he was called up.Thankfully i was a buyer not a seller.
But i did sell a bunch of David Freeze and Robinson Cano autos way too early.

I went to my first MLB game around the time Wright and Cano were rookies and I thought, these guys will be good, I should start collecting them. But I never got around to Wright til now. Luckily he's not ridiculous, but still, would have been nice to get in from the beginning.

Luckily I am so focused on my Piazza PC that I truly don't care what I trade as long as it furthers the cause, and I pretty much forget anything amazing before I even know it's amazing...
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(03-07-2013, 08:30 AM)brian2345 Wrote: Never understood why Trout was so low to start with he was Rated the number 1 prospect in baseball & fell to number 3 a year later then he was called up.Thankfully i was a buyer not a seller.
Look at his 2011 stats. His stock was kinda low going into 2012 when he had his monster year.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I sold the card in my avatar for a nice sum. The one that got away was a 1954 Topps Willie Mays it had a major dent in the middle. Traded it for 1980 Rickey Henderson rookie and a bunch of commons from that year. Still regret that one to this daySad

I sold a bowman Chrome auto of Oscar Taveras right after pulling it for $60. It booked for $50 at the time, I thought I was getting out while this guy was hot. Looks like they're now going for between $150-$250.