`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ BGS Submission...Opinions needed

MJ BGS Submission...Opinions needed
I'm thinking about sending the cards below in for grading, and I was just wondering what grades you guys thought I might get for these. I am hoping to get atleast BGS 9 for all the Jordans, and I'd be happy with anything above a BGS 6 for the Dr. J. I figured I'd get some expert advise/opinions from some of you who have sent these cards to graded in the past. Thanks in advance for all feedback!

Dr. J RC

[Image: B7E324B9-orig_zps741c4d68.jpg]

Scoring Kings

[Image: 5E17D949-orig_zpsc7ad4f04.jpg]

Full Court Trap Gold

[Image: 23B0598F-orig_zps89d2cec6.jpg]

Net Assets

[Image: IMAG0127_zpsf2f1ce84.jpg]

Molten Metal

[Image: IMAG0126_zps4ff00d5a.jpg]

SPx Winning Materials

[Image: IMAG0123_zps37434ce9.jpg]

Topps Chrome White Refractors

[Image: IMAG0122_zps403a9c30.jpg]

Z-Force Quick Strike

[Image: IMAG0120_zps69abcd32.jpg]

Topps Holding Court Refractor

[Image: IMAG0119_zps4ec5e739.jpg]

RE: MJ BGS Submission...Opinions needed
jordans look good besides the scoring kings, i dont think it will bring a 9.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Yeah I agree with ping... All look good except for Scoring Kings... That'll pull an 8.5 max

Thanks guys

Agreed. The corners on the Scoring Kings will likely get you a 7. The other MJs look great. I would send the Dr. J to PSA.

Wow that was kinda creepy, I'm soon to be sending in a scoring kings MJ and that full court trap gold MJ as well. I thought you had stolen my cards for a second!

But yeah, I concur with the others, and the Dr. J isn't bad. Should get a 7 from PSA I would think.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I follow a simple rule when looking at cards I want to submit for BGS grading.
If I'm trying to get a BGS 9.5 and I spot a single flaw on the card normally don't bother sending it UNLESS a BGS 9 is worth the effort....

FYI, I would pay $250 for a BGS 9.5 quick strike, but yours would only get a BGS 9 :-(
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Nice cards. DR. J ias pretty sweet and should land u a 5 at best.

Quick strike is a lovely card. Hegotgame has a point about sending in. I would go with that adviceSmile

I agree with you hegotgame, as far as is it even worth sending them in for grading if they don't have a chance of getting a 9.5. Out of the ones I posted I doubt any would get a 9.5...to me they all look like they have a minor flaw that would prevent them from getting anything higher than a 9. I would honestly be happy with 9's on them since they are all just PC. I just dont know if its worth the money to do so.
I was thinking a 6 at best on the Dr. J and even that I'd be ecstatic with. The PSA 6 normally go for around $100-$120. I appreciate your guys opinions and I'll update you guys with grades if i do decide to send them in.

I'll take a stab just for fun, I'll do it just like I do with my cards. When I submit I usually miss surface stuff and some corner things too...

Dr. J - BVG 6 (is there a dent on the Q?)
Scoring Kings - BGS 8 (edges, corners)
Full Court Trap - BGS 7.5 (off center left-right, corners, edges)
Net Assets - BGS 8 (off center left-right)
Molten Metal - BGS 8.5 (off center up-down, corners)
SPx Materials - BGS 9 (corners)
Topps Chrome Refractor - BGS 9 (off center up-down)
Quick Strike - BGS 7 (surface, off center left-right)
Holding Court Refractor - BGS 8.5 (surface/refractor line, slightly off center)

All in all pretty good stuff, I like ungraded cards. Is that the full court trap gold or regular? It looks like the regular to me but it's a little hard to tell.
 photo mjheader.jpg