`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Lin cards a good investment?

Jeremy Lin cards a good investment?
I've been collecting his rookie cards since I'm a fan, but would like to know if you all think they could potentially be a good investment? There still seems to still be some demand, post "linsanity.

RE: Jeremy Lin cards a good investment?
There is still plenty of interest. I bought his Timeless Treasures auto for $20 and ssold it for $275 in January. I then won it again in an auction on ebay for $87 and sold it for $150 2 weeks ago. The Houston market is a strong one, and he has extremely strong support from the Asians...meaning the demand should live on. And if the Rockets can secure that playoff spot, you may see a little more of Linsanity.
I collect most Chicago Bears, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis, Devin Thomas, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Mike Piazza. I am always looking for a trade. Let me know what you got!!!

Oh yeah, Bear Down Chicago Bears!!

Thanks for the feedback. Are these graded cards you speak of?

Nope, not graded. Although the second one would have graded at probably a 9 or 9.5. Just be careful not to overpay. You should be able to pick up some decent autos, just look at the auctions. BV has come down, again though.
Nope, not graded. Although the second one would have graded at probably a 9 or 9.5. Just be careful not to overpay. You should be able to pick up some decent autos, just look at the auctions. BV has come down though, again.
Nope, not graded. Although the second one would have graded at probably a 9 or 9.5. Just be careful not to overpay. You should be able to pick up some decent autos, just look at the auctions. BV has come down though, again.
I collect most Chicago Bears, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis, Devin Thomas, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Mike Piazza. I am always looking for a trade. Let me know what you got!!!

Picked up a BGS 9.5 Absolute Spectrum Platinum for $123 and a Rookies and Stars gold BGS 9.5 for $45. Probably could have done better on the Rookies and Stars card but I think I made out well on the Absolute Spectrum Platinum.

That is good on the Aboslute, not too bad on the R&S Gold. I think all I have left is the R&S base RC, and a handful of 12-13 base and low end inserts. Good luck with your collection, and to the Rockets!!

Thumbs Down 
Go Rockets!

I think it is best to just view collecting cards for your personal enjoyment and not for an investment. They might make a good investment, but then they might not. Some people from about the late 80's t the mid 90's tried that and as a result, most cards from that era are worth little in comparision when they came out, so the value of cards can change and go down if you are only in to try and get them for an investment.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

(10-05-2013, 12:04 PM)classical_hero Wrote: I think it is best to just view collecting cards for your personal enjoyment and not for an investment. They might make a good investment, but then they might not. Some people from about the late 80's t the mid 90's tried that and as a result, most cards from that era are worth little in comparision when they came out, so the value of cards can change and go down if you are only in to try and get them for an investment.
The card companies are also a big part of the problems for cards in that period since they overproduced the cards to make money and in the process destroyed the value. I agree that you should have fun and if you can make some change.