`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PC Dilemma

RE: PC Dilemma
Are the 2 rare cards s#nd? I'd go for the big dog as duncan you can get a different one another time that you may like better and still get a good price on.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Alright I've made my decision but I'll at least let you know what was at stake and why I chose what I did. The 2 Glenn Robinson's are from 1997-98 Skybox Premium Star Rubies /50 and 1998-99 Skybox Premium Star Rubies /50.

I decided to go with the Duncan but really only because I had a verbal agreement with the guy to purchase it. I know there probably isn't any harm in backing out of a verbal agreement but I'm a big softie and didn't want someone backing out of any agreement with me.

I appreciate everyone's input and I think had I not made the agreement and could do it all over again I would've went with the Robinsons.

But alas the Duncan is purchased and I got it for $130. A little lower then book.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

Can't go wrong with a Duncan auto!

Even though I was a big Big Dog fan years ago, the Duncan is a much better choice.

That is very respectable, honoring your agreement. Those are some nice Robinsons. I was just checking them out on ebay. As long as you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters, but man you very well may never see those two Robinsons again. I am half tempted to pick one of them up just so you still have a shot at one down the road lol.

LOL, you don't have to do that. I told my wife I wouldn't buy anything else since $130 spent on cards can be alot to process for the wife but depending on how high one of them goes I still might get it. LOL

I'll post scans when I get it. I'm happy to get big names knocked off my list even if they aren't in the HOF. I think Duncan is a very big name. Can't remember how long it's been since he had new auto's.

I just looked at them for the first time in 2 days and man are they high. They are easily going to go over BV so it looks like I would've been dishing out more for them than the Duncan auto.

I told my fiance that I turned down an offer of $1,750 for one of my cards. She looked at me with a mixture of confusion, pity, sympathy and disgust lol.
By the way, PWCC auctions (if those are the Robinsons you're looking at) always sell for a premium. I expect they'll sell for a lot more than expected.

Good choice with plenty of increase value in the futureSmile

Well I'm not going to get those 2 but I did get 3 other rarer inserts that I've been wanting so it's ok. I just wish I was the only one collecting Glenn Robinson. I mean come on it's GLENN ROBINSON! LOL

LOL Holy Shenanigans! I'm glad I didn't hold out for those Robinsons. They went for easily double BV. I'm blown away.

See post #16 Wink

By the way, BV is meaningless.