`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
93/94 Topps / O-Pee-Chee Premier

93/94 Topps / O-Pee-Chee Premier
Hey this might be a stupid question but do anyone know how to tell the difference between 93/94 Topps and O-Pee-Chee Premier or is there any difference?

RE: 93/94 Topps / O-Pee-Chee Premier
Opc has a bilingual back

Thanks hockeynick1721 I never even thought about that i feel a little dumb now lol thanks again

The OPC also feel total different. They are a little thiner and have a much rougher feel to the fronts.

I'm told that the special cards that have no narration or whatever those short little paragraphs are, they are virtually impossible to tell the difference.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(03-04-2013, 07:19 AM)lemieuxfan6666 Wrote: Hey this might be a stupid question but do anyone know how to tell the difference between 93/94 Topps and O-Pee-Chee Premier or is there any difference?
For the cards with player stats, I find it easiest to look at the top of the stats box. If it says something like "NHL RECORD / FICHE DANS LA LNH", it's OPC. If it just says "NHL RECORD", it's Topps.

For cards the other cards, if there's any text in French on the back, it's OPC. If there's no text that's identifiable as French or English (like only names and places). take a look at the fine print (on the back) that says "© 1993 THE TOPPS COMPANY, INC." If there's a capital letter A thru F in front of the © symbol, it's a Topps card; if there's nothing in front of the ©, it's OPC.

Same holds true for the 94/95 Premiers as well. Hope this helps (and let me know if you need any, I have lots of spares of both sets) - Mark.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

I've been kind of wondering this too. Topps was making OPC at the time still right? So they will all say "Topps" on the back then?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(03-06-2013, 11:03 AM)wickabee Wrote: I've been kind of wondering this too. Topps was making OPC at the time still right? So they will all say "Topps" on the back then?
Yes... (and if anybody has a pile of these you want to send me, particularly the 93-94 OPC gold parallels or either set of 94-95 special effects parallels. I'm interested....)
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby