`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willie Mays

Willie Mays
I have been looking at Willie Mays autos on the bay and thinking heavily on pulling the trigger, just wondering if anybody else seen the ones on there and which one they suggest I buy?

RE: Willie Mays
I have a 2005 Prime Cuts Timeline Triple Relic Auto numbered 7/10 and I love it. Its one of the nicest cards I have ever seen.

Definitely go for an on card one.

I'd also say one that's from the early 2000s as his sig has been getting worse
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Always buy graded and authenticated.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(03-04-2013, 10:30 AM)iconms Wrote: Definitely go for an on card one.

I'd also say one that's from the early 2000s as his sig has been getting worse
Agreed ... I have a newer signature and its pretty bad, compared to earlier versions. Vision problems are unfortunately causing his signature to be less legible. It sucks getting old Sad
[Image: 69050701ad562b9289e853fc73150b00_zpseba4f052.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Mine is a sticker auto but I think its a pretty sweet card.
[Image: jan17054.jpg]

(03-05-2013, 10:22 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Mine is a sticker auto but I think its a pretty sweet card.
Very nice! Great eye appeal on that. I guess that's technically a sticker but those are kind of different. This is one that I think is pretty ugly looking (not to mention the ridiculous picture haha)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-Mays-2008...7675.l2557

(completed listing)
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(03-05-2013, 10:22 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Mine is a sticker auto but I think its a pretty sweet card.
It's a great card! The sticker is almost treated as a cut sig, which is nicer, IMO.
Also, a great example of his signature.
(03-05-2013, 10:35 PM)iconms Wrote: Very nice! Great eye appeal on that. I guess that's technically a sticker but those are kind of different. This is one that I think is pretty ugly looking (not to mention the ridiculous picture haha)
I don't mind the picture at all. Willie was a very fashion conscious guy and was always stylish. I'd prefer a baseball pic, but not my biggest prob with that card ... That sticker sig! His autograph is cut off at the beginning. They shouldn't have used that one.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.