`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vlad attempting a comeback...is he HOF-material?

RE: Vlad attempting a comeback...is he HOF-material?
Ive always liked him too. The way he could get a base hit out of what would have been a passed ball made all of his at bats very exciting. Im pulling for him to make it on a team this year for sure. I also think he should be a hall of famer. It may take a few years for him to get voted in though.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Ive always liked him too. The way he could get a base hit out of what would have been a passed ball made all of his at bats very exciting. Im pulling for him to make it on a team this year for sure. I also think he should be a hall of famer. It may take a few years for him to get voted in though.
(03-03-2013, 02:29 PM)stera8 Wrote: No batting gloves!
Always gotta hand it to those guys, there arent many left.

His helmet always looked like he had pulled it out of a fire too.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

I'd like to see him play as long as he still "has game". I'd hate to see him stay too long and go out flat. I do think he is HOF material. I have always liked him because he is a quiet superstar.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

I think he is underrated. He swings at everything and has yet to strike out 100 times in a season and has only hit under .300 twice but both times he hit .290. He is a definite Hall of Famer right now but only on later ballots. If he gets a few more years in he will be a first ballot Famer with 3000 hits and 500 homers. I'm a year younger than him so I am rooting for the old guy.
Collecting Rickey Henderson, Yeonis Cespedes rookie cards, Rookie cards, Roberto Clemente, Vintage and various other cards and sets..[Image: 142681340_crop_650x440-1.jpg]

He's not a lock, but he should get in.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Should def be a lock in my opinion.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

When the Sox were playing the Angels in the playoffs back in the early to mid-2000s, Vlad was the one who scared me the most. He could create destruction on his opponents. Still I rooted for him. I've always thought he was a class act and exceptional offensive skills and I too liked that he went old school without the batting gloves. That's a man. I think he belongs in the Hall of Fame but I don't think anyone is going to give him a chance for a comeback. Too bad.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I had hopes the Twins would take him in, but they already said no. Sad

The Rays could totally use him if he can still catch up with the fast ball. He looks in shape but he'll have to be able to make the adjustments to counter the slower bat that all ageing ballers develope. Hope he does it I'd love to see him get to 500.