`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Series I and Series II old school boxes

Series I and Series II old school boxes
I was just curious about these series 1 and 2 boxes. There are some cards I want to find and needed to know which box to buy in order to possibly find them. So if there were 600 cards in the set were they packaged so you would get cards 1-300 in series 1 and cards 301-600 in series 2? I didn't buy any boxes back then.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: Series I and Series II old school boxes
Yeah,

Generally speaking Series I came out first and included base cards of the star players and starting members of each team. Series II would be what Panini might consider a season update with players in new uniforms due to trades or FA signings and you usually had your rookie base cards in Series II. Each series will feature different sets of insert cards. If you are chasing inserts you will need to research each insert series to identify which series it came from.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

That's pretty much how it works

It really depends on the exact product. Using your example, the 1st series could be 1-300, and 2nd could be 301-600. However it could also be that the 1st series is 1-450, and 2nd series is 451-600. Also there were some instances where the 2nd series packs also included cards from the 1st series (this was how Upper Deck did theirs early on). As mentioned before, the inserts vary by series (but they can also vary by pack type, as some inserts were only available in specially marked retail or hobby packs). So whichever product you are interested in, you should do a little research to make sure you know what to expect in the box.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/