`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
Another example why BGS sub grading is terrible idea...
03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Another example why BGS sub grading is terrible idea...
(03-04-2014 01:44 PM)dmasci Wrote:  Please Please Please.....no subgrades for Vintage cards

I disagree with you on this. I think that BVG was better with the subgrades. And I wish that Beckett would bring them back. As it stands now, there is too much wiggle room.

Quite frankly, you are the ONLY person that I've heard of that DIDN'T like the subgrades.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 04:29 PM
(03-04-2014 02:06 PM)nolan5000 Wrote:  I disagree with you on this. I think that BVG was better with the subgrades. And I wish that Beckett would bring them back. As it stands now, there is too much wiggle room.

Quite frankly, you are the ONLY person that I've heard of that DIDN'T like the subgrades.

Yeah I gotta say I wish I knew why my Walter Payton is an 8. Subs would be awesome!

Building = 2010 Magic Master Set
Magic Needs

Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC
03-06-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 05:45 PM by ricelynnevans75.)
(03-04-2014 01:44 PM)dmasci Wrote:  .no subgrades for Vintage cards and maybe Beckett will eventually compete with PSA on the older stuff.

At this point, it would likely take awhile before, or if at all, BVG took over the vintage cards. PSA and SGC have the market on those locked down pretty tight.
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Count me as another who likes the sub grades and wish they were on newly graded BVG cards also
03-31-2014, 05:35 PM
(03-31-2014 02:24 PM)DavidLanceRoten Wrote:  Count me as another who likes the sub grades and wish they were on newly graded BVG cards also

Beckett Vintage used to have subgrades. In November of 2011 (I think), Beckett started putting the subgrades on the front of the label on both their BGS and BVG products. Soon after that, the subgrades disappeared completely from their BVG product. I've collected Nolan Ryan BGS/BVG Graded cards since 2002, when I got out of the hospital from having brainstem surgery.

Needless to say, the subgrades' location on the label have gone through a definite maturation process over the years.

-DD

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
04-01-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't understand how a card could lose 1.5 on centering. It seems to me that a computer could analyze center. Maybe a good piece of software could analyze corners and edges as well, with a grader to verify the grade isn't totally off base. Take human hands off the cards as much as possible. Just my 2 cents. I would definitely file a complaint about the centering differences, but you might need scans of the card in both cases to prove you didn't just send in a different card.
04-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Rusty, you should have sent it in and let them crack it and only grade the surface sub grade. If so, the surface score remains 8.5 and you still get a 9 over all.