`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debating on a BGS 10 Chrome Kobe RC!?!?

Debating on a BGS 10 Chrome Kobe RC!?!?
Guys I won't pretend to be a wealthy man & honestly my budget allows me only ONE high end card per year with some $$ I get from tax returns...

Usually I alot myself 1500-2000 once a year to add another dream card.....

This year I'm looking at a BGS 10 1996-97 Chrome Kobe Bryant RC! It would run me about 1400 shipped. But I can't decide whether to pull the trigger or to just a 400-500 dollar 9.5 instead!?!? This was a card I grew up dreaming of owning as well & obviously it's still a top 10 landmark one!

Is this a good price & do you think the 1,000 swing is worth it for just an 0.5 difference? Will it appreciate & probably always be considered THE Kobe card to have???? Or has it since been replaced by harder to come by mint RC's like the EX???

Help me out with opinions fellas!!

RE: Debating on a BGS 10 Chrome Kobe RC!?!?
I am a kobe collector. The chrome rc is the whale to chase. A bgs 10 even more so but the extra grand for a ten....man. I'd go with 3 9.5s instead of a ten. That's just me though. I'm sure that I will get killed for saying that but that's just my thoughts.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I would also go with a 9.5 or even a 9. If you got either of those grades you would have money left over (given your 1500-2000) budget and still be able to get another EXTREMELY nice card. I know some may not agree with this, but yes a BGS 10 is extremely rare but a BGS 9.5 is just as nice. I also dont think the difference between a BGS 10 and a BGS 9.5 would be that extreme and would probably even be hard to notice. Just my thoughts though.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Add me to the 9.5 team. I know its nice to see the Pristine 10 label but I just don't see a visible difference between a 9.5 and a 10. I wouldn't drop $1000 because of some one else's subjective opinion.

Find a dead centered BGS 9.5 and use the extra cash for something else you really like. Buying the 10 over the 9.5 is paying for the holder, not the card seeing as how stunning the 9.5's look.

I also think the market is broader for the BGS 9.5 so should you ever change your mind you can always flip it easy and upgrade.

+1 with what everyone else is saying. A BGS 9.5 is more or less the same. Unless you want bragging rights with all your friends that you have a perfect 10 there's no point to spend the extra change. Find a BGS 9.5 with 10 centering and look at adding another high end card to your PC with what you have left over.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Man centering seriously is the most important aspect to all cards pre-2000 huh? I wonder how limited the Kobe RC really is considering it was a retail only release!? Must be MUCH more rarer than the 97-98 issue since that was released hobby & retail!! Anybody know, Kobe collectors?

I gotta admit that bragging rights for a perfect 10 would be really cool.... But I agree a 1,000 premium seems pretty steep! But then again it's like that with all high end cards, and most premiums (for example on the Jordan RC) are WAY bigger... I'm almost thinkin that a Chrome Kobe RC that's pristine is a steal right now for 1400... Tough decision : /

(03-01-2013, 03:56 PM)bengu Wrote: I'm almost thinkin that a Chrome Kobe RC that's pristine is a steal right now for 1400... Tough decision : /
You might be able to get it for $1400, wait a couple months or when Kobe retires (or some other milestone) you could sell it and make a couple extra hundred. Always an option. But yeah, the BGS 10 would be mainly for bragging rights....nice bragging rights though Smile What is the population report on the BGS 10 Chrome Kobe RC?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Pop 54 for the Pristine, 651 PSA 10s. Still pretty abundant.

I agree with most people and would go for the 9.5! You could buy another great card with what's left over.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

I'm in agreement with the mojority here, go with a 9.5 and buy other nice cards.
Unless your PC goal is to have all Kobe RCs in BGS 10 or something like that.
Whichever way you decide please post pictures of the card you get.