`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What % of BV is a card worth...

What % of BV is a card worth...
Im thinking of selling a big chunk of cards, mostly GU and Au of big name stars and HOF, but if I were to put a fixed price on them what would your suggestions be, some say a card is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I know first hand it's true but then again, BV wise how much is a card worth, lets say Gwynn GU 3 - 8 will 2.50 be fair, it will be a bit above 30% of HBV will it be too expensive too cheap or just fair, how do you price your cards, thanks guys.
COLLECTING BASEBALL HOF AU/GU, DODGERS (VINTAGE pre 70), NOLAN RYAN, MATT KEMP, MIGUEL CABRERA, ADRIAN GONZALEZ Au's
SET COLLECTING:
2001 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOS
2006 GREATS OF THE GAME AUTOGRAPHICS OR SP's

RE: What % of BV is a card worth...
depends where you are selling them

Any trading site??
COLLECTING BASEBALL HOF AU/GU, DODGERS (VINTAGE pre 70), NOLAN RYAN, MATT KEMP, MIGUEL CABRERA, ADRIAN GONZALEZ Au's
SET COLLECTING:

As a business owner, you want 100%. So normally, you'll see that in a hobby shop. On eBay, usually around 50% of BV. At a card show or flea market, maybe even cheaper. That's a start for you. Not sure about everyone else.
[Image: banner8_zpsd1d99d0d.jpg]

Collecting Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons and Vintage Atlanta Braves

Some players will always get you 100%.(jeter, hot prospects) Some players you would be lucky to get 25%.(guys that seem to be in every product like carl crawford, adrian beltre, alfonso soriano, matt holiday) I don't think it's as simple as selling them all at a certain %off. Maybe consider splitting them into a couple small groups. Some for 75% off, some for 25% off.

Also some sets sell better than others. So which product line it came from will also matter.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(03-01-2013, 03:12 PM)dhendrix1303 Wrote: As a business owner, you want 100%. So normally, you'll see that in a hobby shop. On eBay, usually around 50% of BV. At a card show or flea market, maybe even cheaper. That's a start for you. Not sure about everyone else.
Exactly.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thanks everybody, great info.
SET COLLECTING:

For the vintage stuff, I find things sell between 15%-30% of Beckett's BV.

Not all Jeter cards sell for 100% as I have bought $50.00 cards of his for $20.00 or less but then there are others that sell for 300% or more than the beckett value. I can tell you right now if you have a 1996 Diamond Destiny Gold card of Derek Jeter and it's Mint to near Mint I will pay you $300.00 for it and that’s close to 4 times beckett value.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]