Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Bowman Error Card? Cut-out
Information 
2001 Bowman Error Card? Cut-out
I really hope you can help me out. Back in 2001 I pulled the most unusual card from a pack of Bowman.
The card is completely "hollow", almost as if someone took an exacto-knife and cut a perfect rectangle out to make a frame.
It makes no sense to me what so ever... pics attached for your review.

I called Bowman/Topps back then, and was given a complete run-a-round. The only thing they would offer was a replacement, but as the player's identity is completely unknown, they were just going to send me a random card in exchange for this. I thought it more an oddity and rare than simply turning it over to them, so I kept it. I have held on to it for all these years, and almost completely forgot about it until I found it today while cleaning my closet and looking through some of my cards.

Any clue as to what I have? All I can make out from the Gold Leaf Foil is that it's a Kansas City Royals player. I know in 2006 there was an Alex Gordon with this same "error", but it was also released with the player card too, so it was known by both the company and industry.

Hopefully you can either guide me or tell me if I have anything "special" here. I appreciate your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)