`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help identifying MJ card

Need help identifying MJ card
I recently picked this card up, and I was just wondering if it is the regular version or the gold version? I looked around and I really didn't get a definitive answer or photo to show which it is. I figured someone on here has to have both and be able to help me out here. Any and all help is appreciated.

[Image: 23B0598F-orig_zps89d2cec6.jpg]

RE: Need help identifying MJ card
regular

from beckett:
http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-9...trap-gold/
Randomly inserted in series one packs at a rate of one in 180 packs, this 10-card set parallels the Full Court Trap set. Card fronts in this set are embossed to separate it from the basic insert set.

also, when you do a search:
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1996...rdan++full

the regular is pictured

and if you still cant figure it out, always good to check out COMC (google card name + comc)

I did a search, and I still have yet to find a definitive way to differentiate the regular version from the gold version. Does anybody have side by side pics of the two that could show me the difference in the two? I know that some of you big time Jordan collector's have to have both versions, help me out here! I've down searches on other card sites and the gold and regular versions look the same to me. The only difference I noticed is that it appears that the gold version has more of a green tint in the background and the regular looks to have a more blue tint. And the descriptions for the gold version stated that it was embossed. I attached the photo I found that I am referring to.

[Image: jordan_zpsf646c831.jpg]

I think you're right about the green. Here's one I found on the bay...I blurred out the grade and the BGS number.

photo jordangold_zps021b6d5c.jpg

Thanks for the help kstjst and jacobystealshome. I feel like the one I have has a green tint to it and is also embossed, but maybe I'm just seeing it that way because I want it to be the gold version and not the regular version. I guess the only way I'll know for sure which one it is would be to send it in to get slabbed and let them decide.

The Gold version will still be green but the lettering along the left side will be raised. Best way to tell if you have the gold or not is to turn the card over. If the lettering on the back appears to be "raised" or "embossed" then you have the gold. I have both versions and this is one ofthe only ways to tell the difference. Easier if you have both side by side to see. I can provide scans tonight but if you turn the card over and it looks like the lettering is raised, then it is the gold.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Thanks Nick!

(03-01-2013, 01:37 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: The Gold version will still be green but the lettering along the left side will be raised. Best way to tell if you have the gold or not is to turn the card over. If the lettering on the back appears to be "raised" or "embossed" then you have the gold. I have both versions and this is one ofthe only ways to tell the difference. Easier if you have both side by side to see. I can provide scans tonight but if you turn the card over and it looks like the lettering is raised, then it is the gold.

(03-01-2013, 02:10 PM)MRHARPER Wrote: Thanks Nick!
No problem. I think the biggest misconception with this card is that some of the cards are actually gold instead of green like the MJ is. One place that shows front/back views of the card is comc.com. If you go to that webiste and simply type in "Full Court Trap" you will be able to view gold versions. If you look at the Derrick McKey or David Robinson Gold cards available and look at the opposite side of the card you can see on the bottom that the lettering is raised or embossed. Hard to tell on the front due to the foil type surface. Hope this helps!

Yeah when I googled the Full Court Trap Gold cards, I saw some that were actually a gold color and then some had the green color but were described as being embossed. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pics below or not, but the lettering on front is raised on my card.

[Image: E6726530-orig_zpsa2a2fd9b.jpg]

[Image: 51E32254-orig_zps91483a65.jpg]

Nice so you have the gold version! When you get the regular version, it is very clear when you have both side by side. Glad you have the nicer card!