`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (re: middlebrooks)
Star 
2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (re: middlebrooks)
anyone know where i can find the specs (weight/mass, purity) of those "sterling cards" of the 2012 bowman sterling baseball set, or even a photo of one of them??? that is, the ten 1/1 cards that are supposed to be like solid metal silver (not to be confused with the /25 sterling showcase cards that have a solid metal silver frame but regular cardboard for the actual card). dunno why it doesn't seem published very publicly, even hardly mentioned on the box - you'd think they'd promote the hell out of them since they are like the most expensive - teaser cards - that you're supposed to be chasing. :/

i just pulled the will middlebrooks one and it's of course a redemption as i suppose all of them are because of the dramatic weight diff, so who knows if and when i'll actually ever see it. i have literally over $10,000 worth of 2012 five star and sterling baseball cards alone that remain awaiting fulfillment for months now - most having been entered for redemption the very day each respective product was released and i bought and broke a bunch of boxes those two days. and then of course still plenty of 2011's also still pending on redeem.topps.com for months and months now. grr... anyone know the latest word from topps? has it been this bad in prior years or is this worse than usual, and/or actually related to superstorm sandy like they told me? sorry, i'm sure that topic is a badly-beaten dead horse; i'm nearly 30 years with beckett, but fairly recently re-entered the game and am brand new to forums.

ah, btw also pulled the 1/1 jesus montero sterling autograph red refractor _redemption_ card just now as well, along with another _seven_ exch's from these couple of boxes. grrr...

best!
andyofandyland
Andy Schön
andy@andyland.com
www.andyland.com
fb.com/andyofandyland
etc.

RE: 2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (re: middlebrooks)
Supposidly these guys can answer questions better than the regular customer support 1-212-376-0300. Someone posted the number yesterday and they a seed right away and are knowledgeable about the redemptions.

RE: 2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (middlebrooks)
(02-28-2013, 11:07 AM)Neifert Wrote: Supposidly these guys can answer questions better than the regular customer support 1-212-376-0300. Someone posted the number yesterday and they a seed right away and are knowledgeable about the redemptions.
That should help.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: 2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (middlebrooks)
(02-28-2013, 01:09 AM)andyofandyland Wrote: anyone know the latest word from topps? has it been this bad in prior years or is this worse than usual, and/or actually related to superstorm sandy like they told me? sorry, i'm sure that topic is a badly-beaten dead horse;
It really does vary for each person unfortunately, though most experience what you are with redemptions. You are having a rough stretch on redemptions for sure, but to have $10k worth of redemptions is pretty nice potential Smile Even if they don't give you the cards you supposedly pulled they will offer to replace them with other "equal value" stuff eventually - think Panini vs Topps have different timelines on that. That's a crapshoot though - if you look through the posts on here you can find guys who did well on their replacements and guys who really lost out.

I've pulled 8 redemptions in the past 18 months or so and each one has been fulfilled in less than 2 months. Redemptions for autos do seem to take longer as they are dependant on the players to some degree.

1 of my redemptions was high dollar, not as high as your 1/1 of sterling silver lol, but high enough and it was a fast redemption.

RE: 2012 bowman sterling baseball: the 10 "solid silver" cards (re: middlebrooks)
I'd hope with that many cards pending you would get some kind of "priority" status but who knows with Topps. Gratz on all your really nice pulls by the way!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

thanks all!

anyone interested can check out my open exch's in my org (they are in a separate collection all alone, well labeled).

also of course anyone know of someone wanting priority on the solid silver middlebrooks or the 1/1 red montero when they come around (or contracting for them in the meantime), let me know. i'm having them both bca'ed shortly to get an independent respected value. btw i've been using bca since beckett launched it a couple of months ago, for lots of cards - some to sell on ebay and some from my pc, and highly recommend it.

Congrats on the pulls. I actually pulled the Mike Trout Sterling redemption and had the same struggles when searching for information about it. I know it's .925 sterling silver but I'm not sure if they are autographed and I'm not sure on the weight or design. It is supposed to be a sub-set of the Sterling Auto Showcase so my guess is that they look similar and hopefully are autographed as well.

By the way, I submitted my redemption 4 weeks ago and it is still pending. I'll let you know when I get it so you have a better idea of the time it takes to process.

Thanks, fridley! Congrats on the trout too, one of the only ones better than the middlebrooks solid card. I've had a ton of 2012 sterling waiting on redeem.topps.com, most from the very day or week they were released in dec & still have gotten none of them yet. The five star exch's that I got btw are beautiful 9.5 candidates which is so much better than the par "pack-fresh" that we're extremely chipped. Back to the solid silver cards, I realize that they are redeems not only because they may not have been ready but also bc they would throw off the weight so much that they'd be detectable by weighing whole boxes even, and for that reason was hoping that I'd get lucky and that be the only reason, all 10 sitting waiting to be called upon, but doesn't look like it especially since yours is a month in waiting. Anyway, new question - wondering if anyone can tell me offhand the history of solid (albeit 93% or whatever) gold or silver baseball cards is - I know of several with such a frame, but wonder how many they've had solid and if definitely they are 100% 1/1s and if anyone can point me to good photos of any of them. Thx!

btw, the middlebrooks solid silver just came in today unexpectedly and it is really solid sterling silver, even more so than i'd thought, heh - printed just one color straight onto the metal and signed another color right on the metal. holy wow, incredible! it is 2 oz. even and of course sterling silver is 92.5% silver. i can't imagine what this will appraise at!... hehe, sending to bca now, but may not list on ebay yet (or at least inflate asking price from the bca) bc he'll prob spike this year as he puts in his first full/real season, which should be spectacular - he's at .940 OPS in spring training atm, and i could stand to wait... Smile

Good to hear you got it! Post up a pic, I'd like to see it. I'm sure that'll sell well. Hopefully the rest of your redemptions start rolling in.