`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My 1934 Diamond Stars Collection and a thanks to the few who could help! SCAN HEAVY

RE: My 1934 Diamond Stars Collection and a thanks to the few who could help! SCAN HEAVY
(02-26-2013, 03:53 PM)toddaray Wrote: That is what alot of people say, that they have never seen them before. I thought that 2010 National chicle and that reprint EXT set released in the 80s would have put them out there for everyone to know about.

Oh well, the more obscure this set remains the easier it will be on my wallet, lol

yep that is cool! there is a weird junk/gold buying place where my parents live (only about 20 minutes away) they have a lot of older cards - I'll have to drop in there next time I am there and see if they have any. if so I'll drop you a line!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: My 1934 Diamond Stars Collection and a thanks to the few who could help! SCAN HEAVY
(02-27-2013, 04:21 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: yep that is cool! there is a weird junk/gold buying place where my parents live (only about 20 minutes away) they have a lot of older cards - I'll have to drop in there next time I am there and see if they have any. if so I'll drop you a line!
Cool, that would be awesome if you found one! Thanks!

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

they have a decent amount of random non-bowman/topps cards from back then- usually no high dollar or rare ones but for random common cards it can be a good place to check locally for us-- I haven't been in there in probably a year I'll make it a point to stop in and at least take a look!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

No Ruth or Gehrig, so who would be on the card that is the rarest, most expensive card needed to help complete your set?
Just curious.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Well, the final 12 cards in the set of 108 are very short printed and are pretty hard to come by for less that a hundred bucks in the worst condition. Then there are a few guys like Lefty Grove, Rogers Hornsby, Jimmie Foxx, and Carl Hubbel just to name a few.Red Ruffing and Bill Dickey were not very cheap. Neither was my Manush or Luke Appling.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes