`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997 Precious Metals

1997 Precious Metals
I just bought a large collection and it has a Jose Guillen Precious Metals Rc in it.

I saw the print run is 100 but how exactly rare are these?

Are they something that usually sells over book? I went online and did not find really anything up for sale.

Also it looks like its almost laminated and encapsulated. Is this how they all were?

Any help is much appreciated
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: 1997 Precious Metals
(03-08-2013, 08:46 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I just bought a large collection and it has a Jose Guillen Precious Metals Rc in it.

I saw the print run is 100 but how exactly rare are these?

Are they something that usually sells over book? I went online and did not find really anything up for sale.

Also it looks like its almost laminated and encapsulated. Is this how they all were?

Any help is much appreciated
Haha. Wish you found a 98 precious metals in it... That is what I am collecting. As for the 97. The Guliien has gone on ebay for between 40 and 60 the past year. i have seen a few. depending on how many people are going for the card. Should get around 45-55 right now for it. A bigger star gold or platinum and you would easily be over 100. Hope that helps. Good pick up though
As for the rarity. They are getting tougher and tougher to find. Especially the bigger names
As for the rarity. They are getting tougher and tougher to find. Especially the bigger names

Yeah I thought it was cool to find. I don't remember ever owning any.

Is it worth grading and having it come back a 9.5?

And do you know how they grade them since they are in the protective sleeve?
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Nice pickup! The condition of the protective sleeve comes into play for grading, so take care of that portion too. If you're looking to trade, I'd be interested.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Truthfully, I don't know if I would grade it... Even at a 9.5 not sure how much of a premium you would get. Again it depends on who is picking it up. I myself prefer them ungraded. I am working on the 98 set and wouldn't pay more for a graded. But that is me. I know someone who only wants the 9.5 or better graded 97's although he already has a Guillen. And Texas1985 is right.. Keep good care of the protective sleeve as that IS important for most who collect these.
As for grading not sure, but look closely at the surface. Some of the cards get a slight dent in the metal sometimes you have to angle it in the light to see it.

Take care of the sleeve and consider grading it. Not necessar, though.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Do you have a scan of it?? Ive never owned on either lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Metal Gems are pretty sweet looking cards, along with Essential Credentials (personal fav), Legacy Collection and Ruby's. These cards have skyrocketed in the last couple years and fetch much more than book. I recently sold a Tim Hardaway Essential Credential that I pulled back in the day for $400. I don't collect basketball anymore , and don't have a price guide, but I'm sure it's much, much, much more than book.