`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got burned on ebay tonight!

Got burned on ebay tonight!
ok, I'm pretty mad about this one. I have been after a Hunter Morris ITG Between the seams auto for a while now. it's the last of the itg autos from hunter that i need. after months of not seeing and on ebay, a gold stitch one pops up, set to end on sunday (2/24). i put a bid in on it on sunday morning so i would get an alert from ebay mobile on my phone. while i was out doing a little shopping, i didnt feel my phone going off in my jacket pocket (in wisconsin, we wear heavy coats) so i missed out on it. sold for like 15 shipped, which is a bummer. later sunday evening i was checking ebay and saw that another one had popped up, this one- a more common red stitch but i really dont care, i just need to pick one up. the auction was set to end today. i put my bid in a couple hours before it was set to end and put my price higher then i really should have but i would be sleeping when the auction ended and didnt want to miss out. tonight i woke up and checked my email only to find that the seller had pulled the auction. how does this happen? i didnt think sellers were allowed to do this. i was winning that last time i checked it with a bid of 5.50. so i assume the seller figured they would be able to retire or something off what they sold it for and when it was going to end at a price lower then they hoped, they pulled it. needless to say, i'm pretty pissed.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

RE: Got burned on ebay tonight!
That sucks, man. Lose out on a sweet Morris auto AND get dumped on with snow. A lousy double whammy, for sure!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Yeah, the snow down here got pretty heavy tonight. I work 3rd shift outdoors too, rough night

Yeah, we got a foot of the heavy stuff and it hasn't stopped yet. But, school got cancelled so Bella and I get to hang out all day so that's definitely a plus!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

You can end the auction early as long as

a) There are no bids

or

b) If you cancel all the bids and there is more than 12 hr left to go

Other than that not sure how they would've ended it early.

I had bid and increased my bid twice and there was 2 1/2 hrs left to go.

did they cancel auction themselves, or did ebay cancel all of their auctions?
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

was there a buy it now?

A few months ago I won an auction, paid for it, then the seller refunded my money because the price wasn't high enough. :/
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Sorry to hear about that.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!