Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jordan Star Pick-up Opinions?

Jordan Star Pick-up Opinions?
Hi All,

Some of you may remember me asking about good prices on Jordan 86 Fleer's at PSA 9, well instead I decided to go with a 84 Star as it is much more rare(sooooo many 86 fleers graded, at some point the market will feel the dilution).

I picked up with BGS 8.5 below with decent sub grades. My questions is, did I get a decent price, and what are your opinions on future potential? I have a feeling this card will continue to heat up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-85-Star-Mic...true&rt=nc

Thanks!

RE: Jordan Star Pick-up Opinions?
Bro that is a complete STEAL!!!! The BGS 9's of those go for close to 10k!!!!!! That card will DEFINITELY appreciate in value over the coming years! I truly believe the '84 Star will one day be almost on equal footing with the 86 Fleer & may even surpass it as MJ's absolute must have card! Great pick up man! Treasure that bad boy!!

+1. That card typically sells at around $2500 and up. The Star cards have certainky gaine momentum since BGS started slabbing them. I still will argue that is MJs true RC all day and the pop on is a fraction of the 86 fleer. Now I certainly think the fleer is an amazing, must own card but that Star has more room to grow.

The rumors of reprinting on the 84 Star couldn't be more false and the more collectors learn the more popular that card will get. If Psa ever starts slabbing them it will skyrocket!!

Amazing pick up. Congrats, you straight stole that card!!! Hahahaa!

Wow thanks guys! I had no idea it was the good of a steal! I will definitly hold on and be sure to post a pic when I get it.

Maybe its the lower subs that dropped the value?(8,8.5,9,9) Either way very happy with it!

Holy hell that's an amazing pickup. Absolute monster. Congratulations on owning that bad boy.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(02-26-2013, 09:39 AM)nineof Wrote: Holy hell that's an amazing pickup. Absolute monster. Congratulations on owning that bad boy.
Thanks Nine! Can't wait to get it in hand.

That's a really nice pick up, congratulations! I'm a little surprised it was able to pull an 8 on centering that's probably why the low selling price but still, a great deal!
 photo mjheader.jpg

(02-26-2013, 04:14 PM)zinger82 Wrote: That's a really nice pick up, congratulations! I'm a little surprised it was able to pull an 8 on centering that's probably why the low selling price but still, a great deal!
Ya, but if you look at the others, they almost all have centering off the exact same way. Seems like all the cards are off to the left a bit.

Great price. That's a safety deposit card...

(02-26-2013, 05:16 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Great price. That's a safety deposit card...
Ya, I'm starting to get worried about the storage of my cards.