`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jordan Star Pick-up Opinions?

RE: Jordan Star Pick-up Opinions?
(02-27-2013, 02:04 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: I looked on IKEA for the same display and the shipping on it was super high!

I am actually looking at the same case on the link you posted. Why do you say it is risky? Not saying you are wrong, but just curious your thoughts.
I have an ikea close by, so I'll see if they are in stock.

I feel like anything that a burglar could pick up and leave with in one shot makes it more risky. With your display it would be tough to pick that up, but with a wall display, or shoebox in my case, you can pick it up and go!
(02-27-2013, 02:35 AM)hercules21 Wrote: awesome pick up. get that into a safe!
Thanks!
(02-27-2013, 08:43 AM)user_3n5kp Wrote: That card belongs on display in a wall mounted case. Pretty good site http://www.pennzonidisplay.com/

I have one similar I got from my brother. Looks great one the wall filled with MJs.
Ya, I linked to that site earlier in the thread, they have some nice stuff there for sure.

I got it from the IKEA in Denver... I live in Colorado Springs so 40ish minutes one way isn't to bad. I love that place!! So many cool things there. They even have their own food court there.

(02-27-2013, 09:38 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I got it from the IKEA in Denver... I live in Colorado Springs so 40ish minutes one way isn't to bad. I love that place!! So many cool things there. They even have their own food court there.
I wouldn't eat the food, apparently they found horse meat in those meatballs!

(02-27-2013, 09:16 AM)bostonsports1 Wrote: I have an ikea close by, so I'll see if they are in stock.

I feel like anything that a burglar could pick up and leave with in one shot makes it more risky. With your display it would be tough to pick that up, but with a wall display, or shoebox in my case, you can pick it up and go!
Oh okay, Yeah, I felt the same way. I am still debating if I want to get the wall display like you posted or the display from Ikea. I have an Ikea about 1.5 hours from my house so I may just do that.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

So I actually picked up another Jordan Star 101 BGS 8.5 with better subs(8 centering and 3 9s), which I might try and send in for a bump up. Is it customary to send the card in already encased, and tell them to assess if it is worthy of a bump, and if not just leave it in the case?

Also, if anyone is interested I am now selling the other Star Jordan I have, would trade ONLY for a 1986 PSA 9(has to be well centered) and some cash. If just selling I would be fine with charging what I paid, plus a slight bump to cover paypal fees and shipping, so if someone wants a deal its on the table....