`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Some Cards

Found Some Cards
Hello, I recently found about a dozen small cards that have pictures of baseball players on the front of them that I would like to inquire about. I found them in an old trunk that belonged to my grandparents and I get the impression that these cards have been around for awhile - perhaps since the early 1900s. These are rather small cards - about 1 3/8' wide by 2 5/8" tall. On the back is printed in large letters: el Principe de Gales - cork tip HAVANA CIGARETTES and at the bottom: Baseball Series (Factory no 17, 24 Dist. VA). On the front there are pictures of various players in different poses identified on the bottom (ex: FREEMAN, TOLEDO; GRAY, WASHINGTON; KEELER, N.Y. AMER.)

I am wondering if they might be something people collect and, if so, what they might be worth. Thank you for any help you can provide, Al

RE: Found Some Cards
I believe they are baseball cards from 1909-1911. The value would depend on the condition and the player. Would love to see some scans if you are able. Sent you a pm with some more info.

for sure some scans would help a lot
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Would also like to see some scans!!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Hello All, I have scanned the cards I have (all the cards on one page) and created a couple of .jpg type files showing the front and back of all the cards. I tried to do a reply to the postings and attach the image files. However, I get an error message saying that the attachment is too large (over 500kbs). Is there any other way of sending the scanned pictures in? Or am I just doing something altogether wrong here. I've looked around the Beckett website and can't find any instructions on how to send in a scanned image file. Thanks for any advice. Al

Attachments don't work on here. Not sure why they give that as an option.

What you need to do is use a photo hosting site (like photobucket.com). Upload the images there and then use the IMG codes they give with each picture.

Copy and paste the code into the thread and it will show the pictures. Photobucket is free, but you have to sign up with them. It's pretty simply really.

(02-26-2013, 12:20 PM)alwill Wrote: Hello All, I have scanned the cards I have (all the cards on one page) and created a couple of .jpg type files showing the front and back of all the cards. I tried to do a reply to the postings and attach the image files. However, I get an error message saying that the attachment is too large (over 500kbs). Is there any other way of sending the scanned pictures in? Or am I just doing something altogether wrong here. I've looked around the Beckett website and can't find any instructions on how to send in a scanned image file. Thanks for any advice. Al

cool, hopefully you can get the pics up. those cards might be worth something good if they are in decent condition.

Hey Crazyforkinsler5, Thanks much for the info. I will give the photobucket approach a try (I normally use Picasa for web photo sharing, I wonder if there might be an avenue there?). Anyway, I hope to have the pics up by this evening. Nice to get so much help, appreciate it, Al

yeah those should be nice cards..please post them.
tobacco cards..definetly 1909-11 t206 cards

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

Hello, I uploaded the picture files to Picasa (a website I use for sharing pictures). So let's see if this will work. It looks to me like the cards are in pretty good shape but I have no idea of their condition relative to collection standards. I am including two files; one showing the front of the cards and the other the back of the cards.

From Drop Box

From Drop Box