`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Need some advice on LARGE Packers collection

Need some advice on LARGE Packers collection
As most of you know, I have stopped collecting (as evidenced by my absence from these boards for several months). I've sold off a good chunk of my Sam Bradford rookie year autographs, but I'm stuck trying to decide what to do with my 6 super monster boxes of sleeved Packers base cards, parallels, and inserts (no memorabilia or autographs). If I sell them on eBay, the shipping will be astronomic. I'd sell them to someone locally, but living in Oklahoma, the Packer fans that collect football cards are fairly slim. My LCS does do consignments, but I've never done that with anything before, so I really don't know how that works. Are there better options? I have approximately 20000 cards

... that I don't know what to do with... HELP!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

RE: Need some advice on LARGE Packers collection
Without eBay it will be hard. Consignment will only go so far as people will pick and choose and then the drubbings will be left over.
See if there is a packers collector out there and maybe you can come to an agreement to make it worth while to you both.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

i would pick up and auto or two and add it to the lot, list on ebay and get an estimate of shipping and have the buyer pay the shipping cost too.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Thats a tough one. Do you have an estimated price you want? Consignment means they hold the cards at the shop and take a percentage of the money when they sell. You can tell them as a lot only but they may not take them. What I would do - Throw up an add on Craigslist, make a 30 day auction on ebay with local pick up only as your shipping option with a disclaimer that anyone can buy if they want to pay actual shipping charges. And also place "ads" on different forums asking if anyone from your area wants to buy them and come get them and just keep it bumped until they sell. You'll eventually find someone but of course it could be awhile. You never know who could be going within an hour of you on a trip or something.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I would say try to figure out exactly what the shipping would be before making a decision. The best way to do this would be to see if the cards would fit into one or two of the larger flat rate boxes. If so, you could probably get away with between 15 and 30 dollars for shipping, which isn't really all that bad. You would just need to make sure you pack them well. What were you looking to get for them? Would 30 dollars for shipping be too much of the overall cost?

How far are you from Dallas? Sounds like a crazy question but in larger cities you are more likely to have fans of teams that across the country. You take out a small ad in a Dallas newspaper and meet the buyer halfway.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I live in Broken Arrow, OK (by Tulsa), so it's approximately four and a half hours away from Dallas.

You are already missed

Well, I have some good news, for me at least. I sold four monster boxes of Packers cards and six super monster boxes of the other teams to my local card shop for $500! And I sold my 67 Sam Bradford autographs for $1250!

You are already missed

Very nice! Hopefully you have reached your goal by now!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC