`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to add cards quicker when the site is slow-or even when it isnt)
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 07:33 PM by jacobystealshome.)
How to add cards quicker when the site is slow-or even when it isnt)
look, it's really slow tonight, but im adding 100+ cards every half hour. how? just use tabs, so you dont have any downtime

i keep two tabs open for org searches, 3 for opg searches (if you dont need to do a lot of org searches, just use 1)

i havent waited for a single tab to open using this method, and im blazing through orders right now. even when the site is running fast, i use this method

and know your keyboard shortcuts. with multiple tabs, tab jumping is crucial. (ctrl+tab to go to the next tab, ctrl+shift+tab to go to the previous tab)

also, get to know the tricks. parenthesis searches in the ORG is a huge time saver. say you have 5 tony gwynn cards you want to search for. just type "tony gwynn (206-h5-87-hall-ionix)" and you will get all the tony gwynn cards with those numbers. or, use only parenthesis: "(week-46-stanton)" will pull up any cards with those attributes

and remember you use partial terms in opg searches. if the word in your search is 3 characters or more, you only need to type the first 3 letters. so instead of searching for "1999 Topps Chrome Refractors #125 Scott Rolen" i can just type "rol 125 ref". for people with horrible typing skills (*this guy*), that is invaluable

also: while yes, it is the site, browser choice (and addons) can make a difference. im using firefox with adblock and redirect remover, which is light years faster than IE9, or firefox without adblocker

onedollardutch@blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: How to add cards quicker when the site is slow-or even when it isnt)
(02-24-2013 07:29 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  look, it's really slow tonight, but im adding 100+ cards every half hour. how? just use tabs, so you dont have any downtime

i keep two tabs open for org searches, 3 for opg searches (if you dont need to do a lot of org searches, just use 1)

i havent waited for a single tab to open using this method, and im blazing through orders right now. even when the site is running fast, i use this method

and know your keyboard shortcuts. with multiple tabs, tab jumping is crucial. (ctrl+tab to go to the next tab, ctrl+shift+tab to go to the previous tab)

also, get to know the tricks. parenthesis searches in the ORG is a huge time saver. say you have 5 tony gwynn cards you want to search for. just type "tony gwynn (206-h5-87-hall-ionix)" and you will get all the tony gwynn cards with those numbers. or, use only parenthesis: "(week-46-stanton)" will pull up any cards with those attributes

and remember you use partial terms in opg searches. if the word in your search is 3 characters or more, you only need to type the first 3 letters. so instead of searching for "1999 Topps Chrome Refractors #125 Scott Rolen" i can just type "rol 125 ref". for people with horrible typing skills (*this guy*), that is invaluable

also: while yes, it is the site, browser choice (and addons) can make a difference. im using firefox with adblock and redirect remover, which is light years faster than IE9, or firefox without adblocker

I did not see adblocker in Firefox tools. I have a pop-up blocker activated. Please elaborate on adblocker if I am missing something. TIA. Bill
03-04-2013, 06:45 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. That was one of the best suggestions that would assist me with adding to my org and searching within trades. I was using Chrome before and I always had Firefox but did not know about adblocker. Need a card? I owe you. You are an asset to the Beckett community. Thanks again.
03-05-2013, 05:59 AM
they also make adblocker plus for chrome as well, if you want to switch back to chrome

no card necessary. just glad i could help someone out

03-11-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't know whether it was your valuable tips or what, but after I switched to Firefox, and perhaps an upgrade to the site, everything is running a lot faster and working in org is 10x faster. Do you know of any upgrade to site? Looks a lot cleaner, too.
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
the tab trick is key. i would have gave up on this site a long time ago if not for multiple tabs.

Completed sets:
91-92 USA: Hoops, Skybox, Impel
91-92 UD Award Winner Holograms
92-93 Topps Beam Team, TSC Beam Team, Ultra (all inserts)
93-94 TSC Beam Team, Ultra (Famous Nicknames, Inside/Outside, Rebound Kings)
03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm new here and feel pretty shafted by this super slow server. Hope they update it eventually or I probably won't renew.

Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]