`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question

RE: NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question
I'm gonna have to try a few diff things then cause I ship one card in a bubble mailer and its $6.55..happened today and ever since all the hikes.
Oh and the mailers I use are the small #000 and are actually thinner than the walmart or target mailer lets say..idk just seems crazy..and if I'm gonna trade for something I need I'm sure shipping wont be a huge deal just can't do the small ones like ive done many of times for a few bucks yea but $6.55 its a lil steep

Just do what one of my traders did....take the 9 cards...split them up in to two thick penny sleeves and top loaders, place them in a piece of a bubble mailer, then put them in a PWE, put a regular stamp on it and drop it in the mail. Then your trading partner has to pay the extra $1.61 in order for the cards to be delivered!

It's quite a pain in the ***** when you work 8:30 - 4:30, the mail comes at 1, post offices close at 5 and you get home from work at 4:50....
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(02-25-2013, 04:34 PM)habs1909 Wrote: I'm gonna have to try a few diff things then cause I ship one card in a bubble mailer and its $6.55..happened today and ever since all the hikes.
Oh and the mailers I use are the small #000 and are actually thinner than the walmart or target mailer lets say..idk just seems crazy..and if I'm gonna trade for something I need I'm sure shipping wont be a huge deal just can't do the small ones like ive done many of times for a few bucks yea but $6.55 its a lil steep
Well I would say you have to be sending from a postal outlet. Not the actual post office. These outlets charge a fee above normal postage then at the government post office. Because if they told me that price to send, the first thing out of my mouth would have been.
"OK HOLD THE PHONE!... Back up on that computer and remove the gold stamp, and replace it with just a regular one please!"
You really have to question things when they seem odd. That was either a mistake, or you brought your mail to an outlet post. Those outlet post are redonkulous with thier prices. More used for business's then for the general public.
*Note to Canadian's
The outlet post's I speak of are not like the ones in Canada. Like at a K-mart or London drugs. That do this for convienance to thier customers. These are stand alone business's.
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

No its my regular post office..I'm friends with a mail clerk I'm gonna have to ask him about the rate hike cause a doubling in price seems odd but thats what I've switched my ebay charge to for now til its fixed or I can find a way around it

Next time, if you are mailing a #000 bubble mailers with 1 or 2 cards, tell the clerk you want to send First Class International Large Envelope, non-machinable. Also do not put the customs form on the mailer. As soon you put the customs form on it becomes First Class International Package and thus the higher rate.

Tried this for the first time last week and it worked, only cost me $2.55 for 2 cards.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(02-24-2013, 03:32 PM)habs1909 Wrote: What's everyone doing now with the new spike in shipping from USA to Canada? It costs me over $6.50 now to ship just one card to Canada. How is everyone dealing with this? has trading cross border gone down since the spike in Mail fees? I'm really curious cause I love trading haven't been on much but I been doing alot on ebay and have seen my sales to Canada go way down since I now have to charge $7 to ship there. I can't see it being worth trading for low end cards anymore if shipping is running that high. I'd love to hear your guys input on this!
eBay/PayPal label shows to Alberta, Canada, is $7.35. Between the postage first class international and the price of products, I am slowly getting out of buying and trading on the internet. I will be hitting card shows and dealers more often. Face to face is going to be the way, especially eBay (freeBay) auctions just do not do it.

I tried not doing the customs form but they say ALL International Packages must have a customs form..I've lost tons of sales on ebay i know that for a fact cause of my spike from 4.25 to now 7.25. and the sad part is ebay charges a fee on shipping like I don't get it. It costs money to buy supplies and stuff why whould shipping get wacked with a fee too..anyways It's just pathetic that a spike can be that high from $3 to $6.55
with trades you gotta pay the 6.55 plus the cost of the mailer plus gas to get to the post office it makes trading now to Canada almost worthless for low end trades it'll be like paying $10 for a $1 card lol I wanna get back into some trades I got so much new items i picked up and want to get some PC stuff but it's tough now..but I am going to bring up a few things with my local P.O. Saturday

Still dont know why you guys are paying so much. I know I dont.
Just mailed another one today, $2.65 From Sc. to Alberta. 2 regular cards, and a gu.
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]