`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question

NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question
What's everyone doing now with the new spike in shipping from USA to Canada? It costs me over $6.50 now to ship just one card to Canada. How is everyone dealing with this? has trading cross border gone down since the spike in Mail fees? I'm really curious cause I love trading haven't been on much but I been doing alot on ebay and have seen my sales to Canada go way down since I now have to charge $7 to ship there. I can't see it being worth trading for low end cards anymore if shipping is running that high. I'd love to hear your guys input on this!

RE: NEW USA to CANADA Mailing Question
I've been doing my best to make the trades worthwhile from a BV perspective. Tossing in lots of extras, but not everyone can do that. Eventually someone is going to figure out that private enterprise can be a reasonable alternative to level the playing field. My fear is that the government in Canada will look at this and say "If the USPS can get away with this, we need to raise our rates too". I'm hoping someone that has access to both sides of the border might offer a solution in the near term, but for now I just can't do the $15 card trade to our friends in the Northlands anymore!

I'm hoping they fix it cause $6.55 for shipping is ubsurd but I don't see it getting fixed..I don't get how it jumps from about $3-$3.15 to over double its crazy! I was going to update my org and probably still will cause I need to get some new PC items but for over the border trades its kinda pointless to do small 20-25 trades when us in the USA gotta pay $6.55 to send the cards ya know

The USPS lost over a billion dollars in the last 3 months of 2012 alone...which makes this fee-hike make much more sense. Sadly, me selling a $10 card to Canada and charging $6.00-$7.00 shipping, does not. Same with trading lower-ends. It really stinks.
[Image: BeckettBanner1.jpg]

Sure does like I said I have seen my sales to Canada or anywhere else outside of the US dip drastically..I used to go to the post office with nothing but Canada or overseas now its more US and a few Canada sprinkled in

have you tried saying its a photo to see if its a different rate?
Canucks fan for life

I don't think it makes a difference..they all told me it is $6.55 for any envelope to Canada which is crazy.. only cheap way out might be to ship it in white envelope just pad up the cards really well? Might be worth a shot on a lower end trade to see if that works..

Say its a photo, dont bulk it up with dummy cards for support, put it in a bubble with just the penny sleeve & top loader and it cost's around $2.20 ish to send. Ask the trader if he minds not having the extra support. (some peeps like to blame the sender if damaged instead of the post office). And mail away. This will only work with ...say... 4 cards or so. After that they feel the "bulk" and charge more. I got this strait from a postal worker here in the U.S. Make sure they stamp it "dont bend"
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

Hmm I'll have to try that if that works it saves a lot of money

I too have checked to see if i can ship as a photo. You know what they said? Its illegal to send a sports card as a photo or a document. That i may get away with it for a while but if im caught they can choose to confiscate the card or charge the sender. Its not worth it man. That's in canada but im sure the same rules apply.