`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Wal-Mart Repackaged Boxes

RE: 3 Wal-Mart Repackaged Boxes
Got one tonight too... one or two ok-ish inserts but nothing special. However it was loaded in my favor for PC - 9 cards, woot
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(02-26-2013, 07:37 AM)tate31nym Wrote: Got one tonight too... one or two ok-ish inserts but nothing special. However it was loaded in my favor for PC - 9 cards, woot
Hey, not bad! I always figure that if at worst you get 9-10 decent PC Cards, you've broken even with those boxes.
I'm really never too upset with those value boxes, as long as they aren't filled up with wax packs of 1989 Donruss and Fleer.Smile I'm usually happy getting any other product. I haven't had the time or patience to "set build" but I'm sure that I can put together a set or two with all the extra commons I've amassed from those value boxes.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

For reals. I've never had anything epic out of them, but being that I've only recently returned to cards, probably 2/3 of my current inventory has come from them. So not too shabby at all.
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(02-26-2013, 08:38 AM)tate31nym Wrote: For reals. I've never had anything epic out of them, but being that I've only recently returned to cards, probably 2/3 of my current inventory has come from them. So not too shabby at all.
Bought another today, this time it was a Best of 2012 box... nothing to write home about, but good filler and no 80's Donruss/Fleer!! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-26-2013, 08:38 AM)tate31nym Wrote: For reals. I've never had anything epic out of them, but being that I've only recently returned to cards, probably 2/3 of my current inventory has come from them. So not too shabby at all.
I've done pretty good from them, hit two ultra rare Tiger Woods SPs from Goudey...both the base and then the parallel...worth 175 combined from two seperate boxes in two seperate states lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Congratulations on the great cards you found. The Walmart stores in my area have never sold a box of repackaged cards like what you bought, or at least I have never seen them. Are those boxes on the shelves regularly or is it just for a short time early in the year?
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

I've seen them regularly at all of mine, but I don't know how often they are restocked. I've seen a slightly different variation at KMart as well.

Wow I never get anything that great. Good job.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.