`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Postal Rates--maybe some help

RE: US Postal Rates--maybe some help
It totally has to do with the agent that handles the package. But DO NOT FILL OUT CUSTOMS FORM UNLESS THEY ASK. If you have one ready ahead of time than they assume it is a package and send it as such. The cheaper one called first class international flat does not need a customs form.

Actually send one today that the clerk said was just regular envelope and send it for 1.10 when all others like it that I have sent like it they charged me 2.45.

I sent the cheaper one and the clerk didn't ask me a single question about it. I was prepared to pay the $7 or so that everyone else had been, and was pleasantly surprised with the lower total. My advice is to keep it as spread out in the envelope as possible (keep it thin) and just hand it to them without saying anything.
Kepler

(02-20-2013, 07:38 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I sent the cheaper one and the clerk didn't ask me a single question about it. I was prepared to pay the $7 or so that everyone else had been, and was pleasantly surprised with the lower total. My advice is to keep it as spread out in the envelope as possible (keep it thin) and just hand it to them without saying anything.
Yes it was Jared's trade that arrived (didn't want to drop your name on the board without clearing it with you first). By the way thanks for helping me knock off that set. Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-20-2013, 10:43 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Yes it was Jared's trade that arrived (didn't want to drop your name on the board without clearing it with you first). By the way thanks for helping me knock off that set. Smile
No problem, glad to help ... and to move some stuff that would've gone into a box and I probably would've forgot about - like about 95% of the stuff I get. lol
Kepler

I'm gonna have to ask my PO why they say I have to have a customs slip for all of the stuff going north of the border.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]