`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally!! An Ozzie Smith PC first

Finally!! An Ozzie Smith PC first
So I went into town today to redeem my 2013 Spring Fever cards. Most of the LCSs in town were not doing the redemption for whatever reason, but somebody pointed me towards a LCS downtown that I had no idea even existed. This place is amazing! Anyhow, after some initial introductory chit-chat and redeeming my Spring Fever cards (didn't pull squat), I got down to hunting.

As of this morning, I had 325 unique Ozzie Smith cards...base, relics, refractors, parallels, serial #'d...that I have been collecting since I was 10 yrs old or younger back in the 80s. By far my favorite & largest PC...but it has been missing something fairly significant...an Ozzie Smith Autograph. Now, I've had the opportunity to buy some in the past, but they were always of Ozzie in a Padres uniform. Nice cards, but if I was going to spend $$ on an Ozzie Auto*...I wanted him in a Cardinals uniform. Today, I rectified the problem.

*I live in Missouri, so Ozzie Autos are tough to find and when you do, they're always asking top dollar. I got a good deal today!

1998 Donruss Signature Significant Signatures Refractors #R2 Ozzie Smith

[Image: IMG_0051_zpse5a3a5f1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0052_zpsa53d256a.jpg]

I am a very happy Ozzie Smith collector today! I wish all of you the best today as well!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Finally!! An Ozzie Smith PC first
Congrats!
no org, please do not send trade requests

Nice Ozzie auto, man! Thanks for sharing!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

very nice! i just too got my first ozzie (card) auto this week! i have 2 balls signed, and his book, but not until yesterday did i actually have an auto card!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Good stuff man. Congrats.
23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]

That is one really nice looking card. Congratulations.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Been walking on clouds all day!

(02-20-2013, 05:20 PM)phreakyq Wrote: very nice! i just too got my first ozzie (card) auto this week! i have 2 balls signed, and his book, but not until yesterday did i actually have an auto card!
phreaky,Congrats to you as well! You should share!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Congrats, my friend. Now on to the second one!
Kepler

Congrats on the nice Ozzie auto, thanks for sharing. I picked up my first Ozzie auto just last summer.

[Image: img132.jpg]

Big congrats!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!