`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice...changing my collection a bit *UPDATE WITH SCAN*

need advice...changing my collection a bit *UPDATE WITH SCAN*
Ok, as most of you know, I'm really trying to cut down my collection. I've got so many autos/relics of guys that either a) I dont care about or b) no one in the world cares about except their mothers Tongue . I've started collecting vintage for all sports which has become quite fun, but I've also been toying with the idea of starting to collect the awesome nineties inserts that were big when I was a kid (you know...from the age of 1-8 Tongue lol yes I'm a youngun lol). As a collector with no exposure to this niche, what should I be looking for? Particular sets? Anything to steer clear of? etc. Thanks so much for any help you guys can provide, really appreciate it!

*Update* Took your guy's advice on grant hill...I know this card isn't overly pricey, but I picked it up for 20 bucks...its the only PSA 10...and I have a soft spot for 10s lol
[Image: KGrHqZjFESdB5OvBRJUTmg4qw60_3_zps2fab7d1d.jpg]

How'd I do? Did I get totally taken?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: need advice...changing my collection a bit
If you want to collect 90's inserts of players people care about expect your bank account to drop! All the rare inserts of Barkley, Pippen, Mourning, Richmond, Shaq, kobe, jordan, etc are all high right now. Especially any numbered ones. You will also have a ton of competition from many of the collector's here and all over the world.

Personally, if you don;t have a lot of money to spend I don't think a PC like that would be fun. You will always be losing cards to people who are willing to pay more. Sure, you're going to find a few cards here and there, but most of them will just be too hard or too expensive to get.

My 2 cents.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Are you looking for high dollar 90's insert sets or ones that just looked cool? I was always a fan of SkyBox 90's inserts from any of the years really but some of my favorite sets aren't really big on value. Such as the Center stages, thunder and lightnings, dynamic dunks and all that good stuff. If your doing late 90's stuff topps has a lot of nice options, whether its regular topps inserts or the Chrome inserts. If you are going to go HIGH dollar, you got some amazing choices like the Noyz Boyz, Intimidation nation, Big men on the Court. Are you looking to do inserts only or parallels too? If you go for parallels, you got Rubies, PMGs, Platinums, not to mention Gold Sigs and Players Club Platinums from the earlier Collectors Choices.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(02-20-2013, 12:46 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Are you looking for high dollar 90's insert sets or ones that just looked cool? I was always a fan of SkyBox 90's inserts from any of the years really but some of my favorite sets aren't really big on value. Such as the Center stages, thunder and lightnings, dynamic dunks and all that good stuff. If your doing late 90's stuff topps has a lot of nice options, whether its regular topps inserts or the Chrome inserts. If you are going to go HIGH dollar, you got some amazing choices like the Noyz Boyz, Intimidation nation, Big men on the Court. Are you looking to do inserts only or parallels too? If you go for parallels, you got Rubies, PMGs, Platinums, not to mention Gold Sigs and Players Club Platinums from the earlier Collectors Choices.
right now we are just talking the ones that look cool. In terms of value we are aiming at some middle of the road stuff...I don't mind (currently) dropping 50-100 for a single, obviously as I mature in this part of the collecting We will be talking 100s-1000s for a single lol

Would be easier if u narrowed down ur search to at least a certain player or two...then we can go from there i think.

M7M7 makes a good point. Are you looking to collect just random players, or are you trying to put sets together? If your looking for players, I would focus on a few instead of just random, but if your going for sets and not wanting to spend a lot, like I said 93-94 SkyBox inserts are nice looking and cheap. Another good product was the 95-96 EXL. The "A Cut Above", and "Natural Born Thrillers", are pretty nice and reasonably cheap to pick up. The Jordan books over $100 and the rest are under $50 so you'd have a small whale to chase.

(02-20-2013, 03:24 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: M7M7 makes a good point. Are you looking to collect just random players, or are you trying to put sets together? If your looking for players, I would focus on a few instead of just random, but if your going for sets and not wanting to spend a lot, like I said 93-94 SkyBox inserts are nice looking and cheap. Another good product was the 95-96 EXL. The "A Cut Above", and "Natural Born Thrillers", are pretty nice and reasonably cheap to pick up. The Jordan books over $100 and the rest are under $50 so you'd have a small whale to chase.
Probably just gunna focus on Celtics/Pistons guys, but obviously if I get a good deal on a star/name I know, I'd pick that up too Tongue Set building never usually works for me...I try hard...but then my ADHD kicks in and I have a partial set laying around lol

U got any adderall lying around for trade? ^ ...lol

(02-20-2013, 04:05 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: U got any adderall lying around for trade?...lol
lol not that harcore ADHD, just the normal healthy amount lol

Your not gonna have a lot of options Detroit/Celtics for early/mid 90s inserts other than Grant Hill. Late 90's might give you some better options but even still not much.