`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best blasters to buy? Advice needed

Best blasters to buy? Advice needed
Hey all, I am looking to buy a few blasters and was wondering what football ones do you guys think are best?? I have gotten one this year and got a RG3 crown royalty jersey, but the rest have been busts.

I am also open for trades, although my organize is messed up since the new format took over.

Thanks

RE: Best blasters to buy? Advice needed
(02-19-2013, 10:44 PM)cubsrule23 Wrote: Hey all, I am looking to buy a few blasters and was wondering what football ones do you guys think are best?? I have gotten one this year and got a RG3 crown royalty jersey, but the rest have been busts.

I am also open for trades, although my organize is messed up since the new format took over.

Thanks
Just kind of depends what you're looking for ... for a ton of rookies and base cards, buy Topps or Score ... Absolute and Rookies & Stars have a rookie jersey in every one ... best odds for autos I've seen are in the Magic blasters ... I've busted 12 (I think) and pulled five autos.

I'm 3 for 3 on magic autos , I will never buy panini blasters ever again ..but that's up to you
[Image: 1V8zK.jpg]

Magic has been loaded it looks like. I bought 4 retail and pulled an auto in each one.
I'm a teacher so I may be slow at responding to trades during the week, if you don't like that please don't send me a trade offer... THANKS

Wow! Everyone had great luck with Topps Magic. I bought 8 blasters and not 1 auto or patch. Rookies and Stars is always nice. Crown Royale, ehhh? It's hit or miss. Not a big fan of the Absolute blasters just don't like the look of the cards and out of 3 blasters got 2 of the same jersey cards in the same box. I really enjoyed Topps Chrome even tho it took me 15 blasters until I got my first Luck rookie (bought every blaster in town) no hobby shop here.
Looking to trade. I collect Patriots Autos and memorabilia cards. Set builders check my organize. Adding hundreds weekly.

Topps Magic is my pick for best - good odds of an autograph (8 packs at 1:25 odds per pack so equals one in three), if you don't get an auto you will at least get some cool inserts (beware of repetitiveness though), and the minis are pretty neat as well. Also you might get something rarer - the odds of hitting anything really good is about equal in retail or hobby (hobby gives you the advantage of three guaranteed autos and one practically guaranteed black mini though)

This year's Press Pass was pretty cool too in that they switched to a guaranteed auto per box. But Press Town Sportstown was the best to me for retail. One pack, one card, $20 - but the card is autographed and i picked up 5 and every blaster except for one was numbered to 75 or less, two of the autographs were /10, and one of those was Andrew Luck. And not only that, every player but one was actually drafted and on active rosters - which beats just about every hobby box i got this year. Not sure if you can still find blasters of Sportstown - they seemed to go pretty fast.

I also like Sage Hit for blasters for some reason - probably 2 autographs per box and the fact that you can often find past - or even current - years blasters for reduced prices. If you don't go in expecting to pull good players you won't be disappointed. And you may even be pleasantly surprised (best thing i've gotten from a Sage Hit blaster: Jason Pierre Paul numbered to 250)

And for the record, the only patch cards in Topps Magic are the 1 of 1 rookie patch cards. The hits in Topps Magic are autographs or the coin cards (replaced the stamp cards from 2010). There are game used cards which are hobby only and only come one per case on average.

im gonna say topps magic.. the odds are pretty good if you read the side of the box
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Magic or Contenders
Collecting all Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux
Flyers auto/gameused/serial-numbered/inserts
Phillies auto rookies and rookie quarterback autos!