`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Topps Triple Thread a worthwhile break?

RE: Is Topps Triple Thread a worthwhile break?
Not worth the gamble. I have only bought one box and it netted me a whopping 18 dollars on eBay when I sold the hits.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Maybe the design is a little tired, but I enjoyed the couple of boxes I opened, although I have to admit I got pretty lucky on some of them.

I love opening...doesn't matter what it is...yes I have a problem Smile

However, I've been able to resist TTT boxes, mostly because of what others have said, lots of risk, and some freakin ugly cards. I understand the appeal of the patch cards but many of them are pretty ugly looking to me too.

Risk I'm ok with, though I'm still bitter about my 2012 Bowman Sterling box containing ZERO color.

I must admit my itch to open stuff though almost got the better of me last weekend. My LCS has one box left. I spent the money on some other boxes instead and a few singles.

Save your money and get a box of Bowman Jumbo....Draft or Regular Bowman. Triple Threads is not worth the risk...chances are you will spend a lot and get a couple $20 cards. I have bought 2 boxes in my life, a 2008 and a 2009 box and the best pull was an 09 Kershaw auto /75. Not at all worth the $400 plus I put into it. Its a joke in my opinion.

odds are- you could buy a boxes worth of hits for half of what one pack would cost you and get better cards. your better off buying a box of sterling or something.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(02-20-2013, 12:32 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Save your money and get a box of Bowman Jumbo....Draft or Regular Bowman. Triple Threads is not worth the risk...chances are you will spend a lot and get a couple $20 cards. I have bought 2 boxes in my life, a 2008 and a 2009 box and the best pull was an 09 Kershaw auto /75. Not at all worth the $400 plus I put into it. Its a joke in my opinion.
Agreed...the base and parallels in Bowman are much more likely to get you a higher percentage of your money back.

(02-20-2013, 12:44 PM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: odds are- you could buy a boxes worth of hits for half of what one pack would cost you and get better cards. your better off buying a box of sterling or something.
I have always had better luck with Topps Sterling than Topps Triple Threads.

As many have said, you can find the nice cards you want from TTT on ebay for fairly cheap.

Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

It depends somewhat on what you're looking to gain from it. Personally I like older HOF relics and my LCS buys a lot of cards back from box busters who are looking to fund and break the next box. The cards are then resold in the shop, depending on the player(s), at 20% - 65% off NMMT BV.

I realize this is not an option for everyone but this has worked out very well and much less expensive for me. One of my better buys from this LCS as far as TTR's are concerned was a 2008 Yaz 1/1 White Whale Auto Relic for less than the cost of a pack.

That said, I have purchased three or four 2012 Triple Threads mini boxes that didn't produce enough to match the cost of the box, with one decent exception, a Bryce Harper auto relic /99.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

High end product is ALL about the gamble and nothing about the value. If you have to ask is it "worth" it, you shouldnt be opening it.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(02-21-2013, 04:44 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: High end product is ALL about the gamble and nothing about the value. If you have to ask is it "worth" it, you shouldnt be opening it.
+1

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I've never opened TTT before, but, I picked this up for the same price the box would have cost me.

[Image: MarisMantleRuth140.jpg]

I'd go with singles, and leave the itch to open wax for something cheaper like Bowman products.