`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Topps Triple Thread a worthwhile break?

Is Topps Triple Thread a worthwhile break?
My buddy and I were considering splitting a hobby box of TTT this week (so one mini box each). I was just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the brand. I think the set has very nice looking hits but it is kind of pricey for a small amount of cards.

Appreciate your feedback!

RE: Is Topps Triple Thread a worthwhile break?
If you hit it big it is. Risky, though, but that's high end for you.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

agreed. High end is a lot of risk but the payoff can be huge. i only opened one box, didnt make my money back but had fun doing it. i would do it if you are collecting and not reselling

I like triple threads but then again Im greedy I would want the whole box to myself. I pulled some case breaks out of this stuff and you are welcome to see my PC thread to see scans of what I pulled
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I love the high-end hit potential, but can't stand the design of the base cards. -Then again, the base is just filler; no one probably buys TTT for the look of the base cards. Still, they're the ugliest base cards in my PC.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

haven't seen this years design but it's been basically the same tired design for a few years now. Once you've seen one you've seen them all. Even some of the non auto low numbered cards only bring a couple bucks each. I personally have bought several Carlos Santana /8 and /18 cards for around $1-$2 which IMO is insane for such low print runs. But it's the fact that it's the same look the ones the year before had so there is no need for another one so the prices don't jump the way they should.

(02-19-2013, 09:50 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: haven't seen this years design but it's been basically the same tired design for a few years now. Once you've seen one you've seen them all. Even some of the non auto low numbered cards only bring a couple bucks each. I personally have bought several Carlos Santana /8 and /18 cards for around $1-$2 which IMO is insane for such low print runs. But it's the fact that it's the same look the ones the year before had so there is no need for another one so the prices don't jump the way they should.
Agree 100%. Topps is getting lazy with it and just creating parallels of parallels with numbers to match. Like I said, the high-end patch cards are pretty cool, but I wouldn't bite unless it was a deal too-good to pass up.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Don't do it. Do a little research and when you see how many great triple threads cards you can get (buying singles) for the price of a box you would have to be crazy to break a box.

Bought box a few years back for the thrill. Didn't make my money back but it was fun.
Just be prepared to go bust.

Hope your luck is better than mine.

It's a gamble for sure but if it's '09, you will lose in every circumstance.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]