`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why won't Beckett remember me?
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Why won't Beckett remember me?
Every day I sign in to Beckett and click the box that says remember me. Both my home computer and work computer. Often after signing in again, I get a message that my username or password is incorrect. I then enter the same info and it signs me in. Why won't it just leave me signed in?

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Why won't Beckett remember me?
(02-18-2013 12:44 PM)zeprock Wrote:  Every day I sign in to Beckett and click the box that says remember me. Both my home computer and work computer. Often after signing in again, I get a message that my username or password is incorrect. I then enter the same info and it signs me in. Why won't it just leave me signed in?

i think - as this is a theory - it is because you are signing into the same account from two different devices. i had this issue when i was logging on to beckett from my tablet. days i didnt log in on my tablet, i didnt have an issue on my pc

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
I think you're right. I'm still dealing with this on a daily basis and did notice that if I don't sign in on a different computer, then I don't have to re-sign in on the last computer I'd used. The short time delay is still kind of aggravating.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
I use the same computer all the time and i have to re-sign in every second day. It would appear that the "remember me" function isn't working properly. I say this because even though i have ticked that box several times now, every time i am forced to sign in, the system doesn't remember my user name.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
(03-21-2013 05:10 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  I use the same computer all the time and i have to re-sign in every second day. It would appear that the "remember me" function isn't working properly. I say this because even though i have ticked that box several times now, every time i am forced to sign in, the system doesn't remember my user name.

that actually sounds like you are having a cookie or cache issue

(especially since it isnt system-wide)

03-22-2013, 06:21 AM
It's your computer that doesn't remember you. You need to enable autofill to stay logged on or to log on automatically.
If you use two different computers Beckett only recognizes the last computer the you logged on from.

03-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Jacoby, i checked my cache's/cookies and that's not it - if it was, it'd be affecting every forum I'm a member of and it simply isn't. Ever since they reformatted the boards (yet again and why, I ask), it has been happening. Sounds like beckett needs to clear out some bugs.

03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
(03-23-2013 06:12 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  Jacoby, i checked my cache's/cookies and that's not it - if it was, it'd be affecting every forum I'm a member of and it simply isn't. Ever since they reformatted the boards (yet again and why, I ask), it has been happening. Sounds like beckett needs to clear out some bugs.

but again, it isnt system-wide. so it is happening to you (and maybe a select few others). otherwise, you would see multiple forums about it, right?

and it could be that the individual cookie is corrupted. absolutely could be there, and that would be on your end, not beckett's.

it sounds like after the reformatting, your individual cookie for the site got corrupted. honestly...just try it. see if blowing it up works (and can delete the individual cookie even, if, for some reason you dont want to clear your cache)

or, conversely, for experimental reasons and such...try a different broswer. it's an end around check for your cookie, but still;;;

03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Jacoby, cleared my cookies. As to different browsers .... I use firefox for security - google and IE have too many issues and IE is just so slow.

03-26-2013, 04:22 PM
(03-26-2013 04:15 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  Jacoby, cleared my cookies. As to different browsers .... I use firefox for security - google and IE have too many issues and IE is just so slow.

sadly, with the site bleeping the bed right nbow...EVERYONE is getting logged out every couple seconds (exaggeration). this has been true for the past 48 hours

so good news: you arent suffering alone now!
bad news: were all screwed