`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
RGIII SPx Shadow Box Auto 1/1

RE: RGIII SPx Shadow Box Auto 1/1
Amazing Amazing card. Nothing better than nailing that card after chasing. That chase is half the fun of the hobby. Congrats, enjoy the card, and no, the wife probably wont let you bring it to bed.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(02-18-2013, 10:40 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Just make sure you're cool with part of his auto hiding under the picture... Then buy the cleanest box you can find!! Wink
I wouldn't really consider locking that card up permanently...I've just wondered IF, or HOW, they would grade that card. Would they knock points off the auto because part of it is hidden when it's inside the box? Would they even offer an auto grade on it? How would they grade the edges of the box on the side where the slot slides in?

Bottom line: Doesn't matter to me in this case :-) Just curious how they would do it.

(02-19-2013, 10:12 AM)sensei322 Wrote: I wouldn't really consider locking that card up permanently...I've just wondered IF, or HOW, they would grade that card. Would they knock points off the auto because part of it is hidden when it's inside the box? Would they even offer an auto grade on it? How would they grade the edges of the box on the side where the slot slides in?

Bottom line: Doesn't matter to me in this case :-) Just curious how they would do it.

I can ask if you'd like me to. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(02-19-2013, 09:10 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: I can ask if you'd like me to. Smile
Haha...given the fact that they have been incapable--in THREE attempts--to simply slab my dual auto instead of grading it, I don't expect they'd be able to give a competent answer. Here's how I imagine the conversation would go:

RW: How would you slab an SPX Shadow Box that has a Shadow Slot Auto inside of it?

BGS: Derrrr.....what did you call me?

RW: I didn't call you anything. I simply asked how you'd slab the shadow box?

BGS: Oh. Well we don't do boxes here, we deal mostly with baseball cards and stuff.

RW: This is a football card.

BGS: You said it was a box.

RW:
[Image: Jackie-chan-meme.jpg]

LMAO!!!!

But in all fairness, it's only been slabbed incorrectly twice. Smile Let's hope for a correct return this go around! LOL
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(02-19-2013, 10:19 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: LMAO!!!!

But in all fairness, it's only been slabbed incorrectly twice. Smile Let's hope for a correct return this go around! LOL
Yeah so I can finally get my cards back!!! Silly BGS lmao