`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan SPX Grand Finale sells for $10K!!!

RE: Michael Jordan SPX Grand Finale sells for $10K!!!
(03-02-2013, 01:18 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: i agree on what you are saying, but all it takes is several shilled auctions on a specific card and then boom, its the new going rate. so i can understand not going over the limit on the shilled auctions, but after several fake sells, it will seem thats how much the cards are selling for and it will lead others into overpaying when they think its the normal sell value.
That is very true and something a lot of people forget about and this is true for not just for high dollar cards. This is also one reason why it's flawed to try and trade based on eBay prices.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-03-2013, 11:43 AM)djohn Wrote: That is very true and something a lot of people forget about and this is true for not just for high dollar cards. This is also one reason why it's flawed to try and trade based on eBay prices.
But lets face it, Beckett is sometimes clueless on real card values. Or they are intentionally low balling alot of 90's inserts and autographs as I know BGS has a disposition for them now.

Alot of rare highly sought after inserts go for well over (sometimes double or triple) of Beckett high value.

(02-15-2013, 08:18 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Also, even though the bay is sketchy if you are patient you get a good deal. I just landed a PSA graded 1957 Bob Cousy RC for under 200.00. Great value IMO, but I have been keeping my eye out for a long time.
You know buying cards that old is hard for me. Sure I have heard of Bob Cousy, but I have never seen him play. I have no fond memories of him as a child. (born in the 70's). I know it is a collectible card and obviously has some value in high grade, but I can't see myself spending too much money on older cards unless I am working on a deal to flip it and make some money.

I bought a 1951 Topps Paul Hornung RC awhile back because I am a big Notre Dame fan, but it just sits in a box and I am not excited about having it. I never saw him play in college or the NFL. I just bought it because he went to Notre Dame. Now I am working on getting it graded and will probably just sell it.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Well its ended.
For half of what it originally sold for.
Went off for $4,700.
Still think THAT is overpriced as well.