`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
eBay Stories

RE: eBay Stories
Has anyone had success or problems from buying from sellers that are overseas?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I've only had one bad experience out of over 300 transactions since 1999 on eBay (yeah, not a lot, but it is a personal account). Only had to leave one set of negatives for someone in all of that time. I can't remember what I bought from him, but I won two auctions for cards from him, and he never shipped them, and never replied to my emails. Anyhow, he had 100% positive feedback, and then, all of a sudden, he had almost 12 negatives in 2 weeks. I'm thinking he either had a really bad accident, died, got arrested or something, as he had a huge number of positives (somewhere around 12,000) and then just disappeared. But, got my money back and all was good. I've only sold a few things here or there, and haven't had any issues, either, but I tend to try not to sell. I've got some really good deals before, my favorite being a 2009 Bowman Sterling Aaron Rodgers Jersey XFractor numbered 3/5 for 30 bucks (right before they won through the playoffs then the Super Bowl), and a 1/1 Donald Driver printing plate auto for not much more than that around the same time.

A lot of the details escape me now, but this was back when you could still see names of people bidding against you. I was going for a 1999 Finest Refractor Randy Moss BGS 8.5. I put a max bid of something or another and I saw as the days went by this other bidder would go up by 50 cents, then by dollars, until he was able to reveal my max bid (i usually do a dollar amount and some change).

I saw he had another auction for some baby clothes and for a roofing nailer and the SAME person bid the other people up to their max amounts as well. I put in a report to eBay that accused him of shilling me and two other people. I contacted one of them and they saw the same evidence and also subbed a report.

I pay right at the end of auction (cause that's how I roll son!) and slow shipping later I get a knock on my door. Turns out the sender didn't include enough postage. So I chip in the 70-80 cents and receive a bulging PWE......

Yes, a plain white envelope.... containing a BGS card.

You know how this one is gonna end.... So I open the one end that has a small tear in it and pieces of case slide out.

One may think, yep, damage from shipping. I have a different opinion. Looking at the damage on the front and especially the back, I think that the card was held in a vice and hit with a hammer in revenge for my complaints to him about shilling.

I start a case with Paypal and I recover my shipping damages but of course I'd have to get it regraded assuming the card itself isn't damaged. (it wasn't and it regraded a BGS 8.5 with slightly different subs). I find out later he gets banned from eBay. I'm sure he's still plying his scamming trade, but at least in this case justice was served.

@jplarson
"That's how I roll son!!"" lol
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10