`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Magic and Contenders

Magic and Contenders
I got a box of Topps Magic as planned - pretty disappointing actually to be perfectly honest. No Pigskin mini, no extra bonus hits, nothing other than the guaranteed three autos (one a redemption) and one black mini (which made such an impression I dn't even remember who it was).

Anyway, the autos were Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks
Cedric Benson, Green Bay Packers (no doubt in the future people will look at this card and say "that's right, he was with the Packers for a while")
And the redemption - David Wilson.

The good news is that two of the autos were players who I didn't have before and Wilson is a Virginia Tech guy from Danville so it goes into my Virginia players collection. Not that I'd trade anything from Topps Magic anyway.

As I knew I would, I did go ahead and get a box of Contenders even though I'm not a fan of the design (which looks less awful in person than in scans). The lure of 5 guaranteed autos and the chance of hitting something big was sufficient.

The good news: 7 Autographs

6 of the players I hadn't pulled autographs from before.

RPS autograph of a David Wilson a first round running back playing for a popular team (and as noted above, goes into my players from Virginia P.C. - and I got this one before the Topps Magic one and at least this way if Topps never delivers the Magic redemption I'll have one David Wilson auto)

no redemptions.

A Colts Rookie Quaterback autograph!

The bad news:

The autographs are all base. No variations

Autographs were all sticker - zero on card autographs

The autograph of a player i had pulled before was Jeff Fuller.

The Colts rookie quarterback autograph was Chandler Harnish

The other RPS autograph was Ryan Broyles who might be good, but multiple ACL injuries does not inspire confidence.

The other autographs were Casey Haywood, DeAngelo Peterson, and Omar Bolden.

Oh well!

RE: Magic and Contenders
You win some you lose some. Your Magic box doesn't sound too bad especially because David Wilson is now the Giants #1 running back.

looks like alotve mojo outve blaster magics'... nice wilson if the redemption comes through
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I think those David Wilsons are gonna be a hot commodity by mid next season. I personally am gonna hold on to mine. Im willing to bet he's gonna take over nicely for the departed Bradshaw.

I like the Casey Hayward... dude was a beast for being a rookie.

you can already move the wilson auto on ebay for far more than it will be valued. it pays for the box by its self. great card and a great talent

Sorry to hear
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK