`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about preordering

Question about preordering
What are the pros and cons of preordering versus waiting for a product to come out, specifically regarding price? I have been collecting semi-seriously for a couple years now, but thanks to some life style improvements *cough*gotridofthewife*cough* I am wanting to step it up a bit and grab a case of A&G either right when it comes out or shortly after.

If I am going to spend that much I would rather avoid as many rookie mistakes as possible so all advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance

RE: Question about preordering
I am not sure of the pros of doing it except maybe save a few bucks per case. I would say the cons are that if the product is a dud you are stuck with a case of garbage. AN example...my buddy collects basketball(like I do) and pre ordered a case of 12/13 Certified. He saved I think 8 bucks each box in the case. The problem is, Certified was followed up by Prizm basketball which made people quickly forget about Certified. However, that same risk is somewhat there if you just grab a case without preordering.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(02-15-2013, 06:26 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I am not sure of the pros of doing it except maybe save a few bucks per case. I would say the cons are that if the product is a dud you are stuck with a case of garbage. AN example...my buddy collects basketball(like I do) and pre ordered a case of 12/13 Certified. He saved I think 8 bucks each box in the case. The problem is, Certified was followed up by Prizm basketball which made people quickly forget about Certified. However, that same risk is somewhat there if you just grab a case without preordering.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I have already resigned myself to the fact that no matter how much of a dud it is I will still at the very least put a base set together for A&G as long as they make it. Maybe it is the heroin they put in the minis, but I have an irrational liking of A&G

Another big pro of preordering besides price is that if you are selling off some of it you get a jump on listing since a preordered case usually arrives the day of release. People pay a premium the first week that a product is out so it helps recoup some of the money you spent.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

+1 Haze28

I pre-order my boxes but wait until the 2 weeks or so before release....can get a slightly lower privce sometimes....ie saved $8 box for Series 1 jumbo's.

Also, heard something about Topps requiring folks to order a hobby box before case can be bought (recent development!). Don't mean to spread rumors but saw it somewhere.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-15-2013, 01:18 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1 Haze28

I pre-order my boxes but wait until the 2 weeks or so before release....can get a slightly lower privce sometimes....ie saved $8 box for Series 1 jumbo's.

Also, heard something about Topps requiring folks to order a hobby box before case can be bought (recent development!). Don't mean to spread rumors but saw it somewhere.
While I was shopping current case preorder prices I did come across a few sites that had similar requirements as far as ordering a hobby box before the case, but I did find plenty that were taking preorders with no requirements other than a $100 or $200 nonrefundable deposit.

I guess I will spend now until mid to late June building up my reputation as a reputable trader because this place seems like a really nice resource for rounding out sets, especially since I have no real LCS to speak of.

I preorder on DA Card World. Gotta warn you though, an A+G case can really bomb sometimes.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!