`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any luck with re-grade?

RE: any luck with re-grade?
(02-15-2013, 02:10 PM)iconms Wrote: That defeats the purpose. People who crack it are under the impression that they can get a higher grade if the grader looks at the card raw this time around. And people that do this have a one-track mind of getting a higher grade (and more $$$). I doubt they care that it possibly "messes up the Pop. Report"
I definitely agree with you on the pop report aspect, I don't think many people care one way or the other.

In regards to the regrade, I'm assuming you're talking about within the same company. I would always recommend breaking from the slab, regardless of if it's with the same company or a different one as it removes any bias that may be there. If it's going from company X to company Y, there is that possibility of "Oh well we want to look like the 'stricter' or 'tougher' company" so at best they'll keep it the same grade or knock it down.

If it's within the same company, I think sending raw would be good as you are removing the overall (and subgrades for BGS) from the equation, which might affect how the grader sees the card.

This is just speculation of course but ultimately, I believe they'll do what's best for the company so best to remove any kind of potential bias from the equation.

I'm not the 1st person on here to suggest sending the label back in. I didn't even know about until someone else suggested it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I had a big reply typed up -- but I think it got ate/didn't send

in recap of what I remember: I don't think for centering there is generally much to possibly get wrong- as the card will always be the same centering regardless-- but if you were wanting to try to get a regrade on it - I'd personally crack it and then resubmit. I might be wrong in my thinking but if you sent it in slabbed for reconsideration - I feel that there wouldn't be as much variance/leeway in centering as centering isn't so much an opinion as it is a percentage. it either is or it isn't

as for the pop report - sucks but I'm sure it is full of plenty of mistakes/holes
I'm sure a photo of the destroyed slab with no card in it clearly showing the label numbers could be e-mailed in somewhere - although I have no idea where
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

It won't get better than what it already is, in my opinion, centering kinda kills it.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!