`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart's Best of 2012 Topps box. Meh

Walmart's Best of 2012 Topps box. Meh
So went into wallysworld and saw something new it was a Best of 2012 box had 11 packs plus 2 retail bonuses of which the bowman had a gerrit cole which is NFT but it was decent but no great hits. best BV card was a Prince Fielder SP from heritage. was fun though not knowing what youd get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0EAfckTVA
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios

RE: Walmart's Best of 2012 Topps box. Meh
(02-14-2013, 05:04 PM)x5ofspades Wrote: So went into wallysworld and saw something new it was a Best of 2012 box had 11 packs plus 2 retail bonuses of which the bowman had a gerrit cole which is NFT but it was decent but no great hits. best BV card was a Prince Fielder SP from heritage. was fun though not knowing what youd get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0EAfckTVA
Yeah, I busted three and didn't really hit anything. They say it's a mix of all these different Topps sets, but it's really like one pack of each product and like 8 Allen & Ginters. I don't think I'll go for any more of them.

It's a crap shoot for sure, but I've had decent luck just getting basic stuff off them, enough to springboard me back into the trading game after a very long absence. I think I've reached a point of saturation though. Might snag one now and again but I'm pretty resigned to just float as the 2013 sets release.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

I bought one of these, and most of my Allen & Ginters were in such bad shape, I ended up tossing them out....luckily all the mini's I got escaped damage.....didn't pull anything worth really noting....
Always looking to trade for Mark Martin, Fred Lynn and Greg Maddux Cards. Need a
ll cards in my wants list, regardless of whether shows quantity yet.

I bought one of these and it had an obviously repackaged pack of Bowman Platinum on it...reglue was evident, and it had two thick dummy filler cards and one card, a parallel (Adrian Beltre gold if I recall correctly). Obviously resealed and not "factory sealed" like the box claimed. I know how these mixed boxes get put together, but they need to find some way of better quality control on that. There had to be signs that the packs had been tampered with. Oh, well...my last repackage for a while.

i opened one of these the other day after hearing how good some people are doing with them. i did ok, got a bichette jr. blue paper bowman, roger federer ginter mini black, and a pablo sandoval gu from heritage. not bad but definitely not great.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I bought one last week and it included a pack of Chrome..I pulled a Darvish auto which was awesome..sold for 100 on ebaySmile

very cool.
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios