Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever happen to anyone?
Bug 
Ever happen to anyone?
Took my son to target today so he could pick up a blaster of 13 topps cause he's trying to build the red border set...not one red border in the box has this happened to anyone else?

RE: Ever happen to anyone?
I bought four 2013 hangers a couple days ago from Target and only two of them had red borders inside.
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

Last year they would have the "target" blasters with a yellow sash across the top and the standard without. I'm assuming it's the same this year watch which one you grab.

Yeah, be sure it has the "Target exclusive" silver logo on it.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Lesson learned

I evidently made the same mistake at TRU tonight - went to get one (over priced) blaster for the amusement of a few purple cards and what do you know........not a one. My brother, who was with me and is into collectible gaming (ie magic) said that when someone asks a question during a game the moderator just says RTFC (read the f'ing card)........... so he told me RTFB (.....box).

Live and learn I guess.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

A bit off the OPs topic, but I picked up one the the 40% marked down 2012 Topps Chrome blasters the other day. And you know how in the Topps Chrome blasters this past year, you got 7 (I think) regular packs and 1 Purple Refractor pack. Well, as I started opening the packs...every single base card in every single pack were Purple Refractors! Even with the regular wrappers. Most of the packs even still had inserts or other Refractors. And the last pack I opened even had a Eric Surkamp RC Auto. Not too bad of a deal for $12! Was the first and only time this has ever happened to me...but I'm hoping not the last!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(02-14-2013, 11:44 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: A bit off the OPs topic, but I picked up one the the 40% marked down 2012 Topps Chrome blasters the other day. And you know how in the Topps Chrome blasters this past year, you got 7 (I think) regular packs and 1 Purple Refractor pack. Well, as I started opening the packs...every single base card in every single pack were Purple Refractors! Even with the regular wrappers. Most of the packs even still had inserts or other Refractors. And the last pack I opened even had a Eric Surkamp RC Auto. Not too bad of a deal for $12! Was the first and only time this has ever happened to me...but I'm hoping not the last!
Yeah, Topps Chrome had refractor hot boxes last year. The hobby version was advertised as one every three cases. There probably never was anything published about retail hot boxes, but they weren't common at all. I think I remember seeing a very few number of posts with all refractors in a blaster. Was the auto the base version. Every hot box I saw had all refractors and any auto pulled was a base. Go figure.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(02-14-2013, 11:58 AM)jdberia Wrote: Yeah, Topps Chrome had refractor hot boxes last year. The hobby version was advertised as one every three cases. There probably never was anything published about retail hot boxes, but they weren't common at all. I think I remember seeing a very few number of posts with all refractors in a blaster. Was the auto the base version. Every hot box I saw had all refractors and any auto pulled was a base. Go figure.
Yep, it was base. I know right, there were Purple Refractors in the box valued more than the Surkamp base lol. Too funny, but hey, I guess I got pretty lucky in pulling a 'hot box', Thanks for the info!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

yeah, unfortunately, it's more of a learning experience...it's not always going to have what it says it should have. unless you buy a complete factory set, busting packs is like gambling.