`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about paypal shipping

Question about paypal shipping
I use paypal shipping for all my mailings. They used to have an option for parcel post. But that option is no longer there. I sold a figurine on ebay that I need to print a label for. It's going to cost nearly $6 for priority and $3.14 for media mail. But it doesn't qualify for media mail.

Is there something I can do (or an option under another name) for parcel post? I need help.

RE: Question about paypal shipping
They stated that the Parcel Post option is no longer offered by the PO and you need to use the other options that best fit your size and weight

Under 13 oz. qualifies for a 1st class package if you can under that. Otherwise it is priority. It basically sucks.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

That's what the guy told me when I went to the actual post office at lunch. He said they did away with Parcel. It's now called something else, but paypal has yet to update its site with the new version.

But probably just another way for the "struggling" post office to make even more money. They already charge out the kazoo to mail just about anything.

(02-13-2013, 02:33 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: That's what the guy told me when I went to the actual post office at lunch. He said they did away with Parcel. It's now called something else, but paypal has yet to update its site with the new version.

But probably just another way for the "struggling" post office to make even more money. They already charge out the kazoo to mail just about anything.
if you can fit it into a flat rate medium box, it's 4.90

they have a new simlar option to parcel post...not their fault paypal isnt on the ball.

as far as them "making money" - they lost 12 billion last year, partly because their rates are controlled by Congress (even though they arent a government agency), and their rates are WAY lower than UPS or FedEx (except for maybe international packages after this rate increase last month)

example:

see how much a 3 ounce package costs you:

post office:
costs $1.69 - with delivery confirmation - with paypal shipping for the post office

ups ground...lets say boston to tallahasse. 3 ounce package: $13.19

how about i ship it USPS priority mail. that's $4.95 for 2-3 day service with DC
similar service by UPS? 21.65

(02-13-2013, 02:43 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you can fit it into a flat rate medium box, it's 4.90

they have a new simlar option to parcel post...not their fault paypal isnt on the ball.

as far as them "making money" - they lost 12 billion last year, partly because their rates are controlled by Congress (even though they arent a government agency), and their rates are WAY lower than UPS or FedEx (except for maybe international packages after this rate increase last month)

example:

see how much a 3 ounce package costs you:

post office:
costs $1.69 - with delivery confirmation - with paypal shipping for the post office

ups ground...lets say boston to tallahasse. 3 ounce package: $13.19

how about i ship it USPS priority mail. that's $4.95 for 2-3 day service with DC
similar service by UPS? 21.65
+1
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(02-13-2013, 02:43 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you can fit it into a flat rate medium box, it's 4.90
When I went to print out today, I clicked on medium flat rate and it said $11.90 or something like that. I just used priority package/envelope. It was a small box (aproximately 4x4x4) and weighed less than two pounds.

So, it was just over $5 with DC#. I can handle that. I didn't do insurance and hope that doesn't burn me. But when I did insurance 2-3 weeks ago, it was like $18 on a $1,500 sale. So I just passed this time.

yep, sorry about that: small flat rate boxes and flat rate envelopes (which you can fit a LOT into, especially the legal sized ones) are 4.95

Yeah, they aren't that great, but they are your most cost-effective option.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(02-13-2013, 01:40 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I use paypal shipping for all my mailings. They used to have an option for parcel post. But that option is no longer there. I sold a figurine on ebay that I need to print a label for. It's going to cost nearly $6 for priority and $3.14 for media mail. But it doesn't qualify for media mail.

Is there something I can do (or an option under another name) for parcel post? I need help.
We used parcel post at my work thru stamps.com, they changed it to parcel select. I'm not sure if that option is available on paypal shipping. Not sure why but parcel select prints the cost on the label with no option to block it out.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered