Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Box Break or Was It a Bust?
Sad 
My First Box Break or Was It a Bust?
I bought my first ever jumbo hobby box today (2013 Topps Series 1). I was so excited. You know, like that feeling you got as a kid when you bought a new video game and you couldn't wait to try it out; that feeling. The drive home from the hobby shop seemed like it took forever but I finally got home. 10 packs of 50 cards. Holy cow, this was going to be awesome! Not sure if I've now completed the series one set, but I wonder if I should be disappointed by my hits considering I paid $110 for this box. Long story short I hit on a Chasing the Dream Auto for Felix Doubront, Commemorative MVP Trophy Chipper Jones and a Chasing History Memorabilia Andrew McCutchen.

I also got an Eric Hosmer SP card and lots of cool, but just ok inserts. Is it the product? Did I set my sights too high? Or, is it too soon to call it a bust.

Those of you that are veterans of boxing breaks, please give me your feedback. I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thanks!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: My First Box Break or Was It a Bust?
The Chipper and Cutch cards are pretty nice, but that auto is kinda brutal.

All I've busted of this is one hanger box (and that might be it) as I haven't been impressed with what I've seen so far. I might be alone on this, but I'm just not a fan of the design of the base cards or most of the inserts.

My buddy bought a jumbo and his hits were Pedro Cy Young, Rizzo auto and Rosario mem ... so I think you did better than he did.
Kepler

Yeah i bought a jumbo as well. Wasnt happy but didnt do bad. Hit sheffield auto and Dawson silver slugger. The autos imo r not great. I personally like bowman. Thanks.

I bought a jumbo myself (shortly swearing off buying any boxes) and was pretty happy with what I got. For one, I like the base cards and most of the inserts. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the "chasing the dream" cards but they've kind of grown on me. Other than that, I think the 2013 is pretty solid.

As far as your break goes, I think you did ok. Obviously, you didn't hit the jackpot, but the McCutchen and Chipper cards are pretty decent hits. The Hosmer SP helps too. Don't forget to save (and send in) your jumbo wrappers for the special pack of cards. Thanks for sharing.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

What's this special pack of cards? How many jumbo packs do I need to do this and where is the official information regarding?
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(02-12-2013, 07:17 PM)sfreinker Wrote: What's this special pack of cards? How many jumbo packs do I need to do this and where is the official information regarding?
Double check with the Topps site. I believe it's 10 packs of Jumbo, but it might be 15. The packs are limited and are distributed on a first-come-first serve basis. It's well worth it. Last year my gold rush pack (while not spectacular) yielded 5 cards worth about $50 BV at the time. There's also a chance to get special autos, etc.
Here ya go: http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/topp...edemption/
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.

Let me know if you are looking to trade that Doubront Auto. Being a sox fan...he is the only half decent young guy on the staff and I'd love to add it to my small Sox PC.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(02-12-2013, 07:22 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Double check with the Topps site. I believe it's 10 packs of Jumbo, but it might be 15. The packs are limited and are distributed on a first-come-first serve basis. It's well worth it. Last year my gold rush pack (while not spectacular) yielded 5 cards worth about $50 BV at the time. There's also a chance to get special autos, etc.
Here ya go: http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/topp...edemption/
Awesome. Thank you very much. Do you know how long it takes them to get the pack back to you?
(02-12-2013, 07:42 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Let me know if you are looking to trade that Doubront Auto. Being a sox fan...he is the only half decent young guy on the staff and I'd love to add it to my small Sox PC.
I'll put you at the top of the list. I don't know what you have up for trade as I can't access your profile for some reason, but at least for now I'm going to hang on to him. I want to see what Beckett comes out for pricing. I think they'll have that stuff up any day now.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

[quote='sfreinker' pid='2219330' dateline='1360718955']

Awesome. Thank you very much. Do you know how long it takes them to get the pack back to you?

I sent my wrappers in on the last day in 2012 and got them back within 2-3 weeks. (I wouldn't wait until the last minute again though).

Its 10 Jumbo wrappers for 1 pack. Get them in asap.....only 10,000 packs available. Anyone seen the cards (redemptions) yet?

I really really like the 2013 flagship set. Cool, crisp clean design on the base and the insets are awesome....love the emerald green color! Anyway....nice break...think you did ok. Can't hit one out of the park everytime (in my case never...lol) Thanks for sharing....post scans if you can.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.