`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys R Us Purple Help

Toys R Us Purple Help
I went to Toys R Us to check their 2013 Topps Baseball Blasters. The box did not state anything about the Purple borders and Beckett has them listed. Are they in there??? And is everyone's Toys R Us charging 28 bucks for them??
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCd-esaQfCqJFwGP1nyLw...ptFoYKCnl3][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLTE9hg9-ayHaO3ppk35G...2Pv5s2QEuQ]

RE: Toys R Us Purple Help
Are you in Michigan? (I am). I've noticed that Toys 'R Us always charges ridiculous prices for their cards. You're better off buying at Walmart, then Meijer/Target (in that order).

As far as the "Toys R US" purples are concerned, I believe I read somewhere that the designation is not strictly tied to the store where they're sold, but it seems to be true. In any event, blasters (and other retail products) have their own retail-only parallels. Like Target Reds, Walmart Blacks, and Toys R Us purples. No matter where you buy your blasters, you'll have a chance at getting the retail parallels. If you're dead-set on getting the Purple retail parallels, maybe someone else on here can clarify for you how the color system works.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I believe that each store(Walmart, Target, Toys 'R Us) has a color specific parallel set. We only have a Walmart here and have only pulled the blue parallels from their retail packs. It seems that the Toys 'R Us are the most difficult to get, at least based on the prices that the Purple border cards are going for in relation to the Blue and Red.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Toys R Us pricing is tremendously high....however, look for thier storewide sales (keep you receipt because you can get a refund/store credit up to 30 days after purchase). Benefit of young kids is I know what is going on at that store! As stated, each store has thier own color & TRU is purple. I would stick to the single packs instead of the blasters.....though packs are like $5.25 each (thier crazy).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

TRU here have very small card sections if card sections at all (some that use to not have a small island again now) good to watch for clearance stuff there every now and again -- otherwise sales are the only way I'd even touch the card section--but yes the purple bordered parallels are the retail cards for them just like blue/wal-mart and red/target
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Purples don't come in TRU Blasters they only come in the blister packs which are $2.99 and you get 1 pack of 2013 Topps and 3 random purple parallels.

(02-13-2013, 04:57 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Purples don't come in TRU Blasters they only come in the blister packs which are $2.99 and you get 1 pack of 2013 Topps and 3 random purple parallels.
Yea did it that way last year also for 2012 series 1 but no purples for series 2 or the update.

Hope they do all 3 this year.