`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Converting PSA graded to BVG graded..Do they grade the same?

RE: Converting PSA graded to BVG graded..Do they grade the same?
I do my own cracking. Saves a bundle and PSA cases are so easy to bust w/o harming your card if you have the means to be able to do so. I know some of us aren't able to be able to do that, so this is cautionary: use good tools to do it and make sure you have a steady hand.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for you damaging your cards if you listen to me.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(05-03-2014, 08:14 PM)y2hood Wrote: I do my own cracking. Saves a bundle and PSA cases are so easy to bust w/o harming your card if you have the means to be able to do so. I know some of us aren't able to be able to do that, so this is cautionary: use good tools to do it and make sure you have a steady hand.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for you damaging your cards if you listen to me.
Hey Greg, Thanks for thinking of me.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I'm going to be sending in about 10 cards to BGS hopefully sometime soon. All are PSA 9 except for two which are PSA 10. This is my first time doing this so hopefully it works out well, if not then I will never buy PSA graded cards again (for the purpose of crossing over). If I ever do send them in I will probably post the results.

(05-04-2014, 04:21 PM)altz11 Wrote: I'm going to be sending in about 10 cards to BGS hopefully sometime soon. All are PSA 9 except for two which are PSA 10. This is my first time doing this so hopefully it works out well, if not then I will never buy PSA graded cards again (for the purpose of crossing over). If I ever do send them in I will probably post the results.
IF you're crossing PSA 9's, brace yourself for BGS 8's & 8.5's. And on the PSA 10's, you might get BGS 9's (depending on the Centering).
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-04-2014, 04:21 PM)altz11 Wrote: I'm going to be sending in about 10 cards to BGS hopefully sometime soon. All are PSA 9 except for two which are PSA 10. This is my first time doing this so hopefully it works out well, if not then I will never buy PSA graded cards again (for the purpose of crossing over). If I ever do send them in I will probably post the results.
Are you cracking first or sending in the slabs?

I made a mistake on my original post.

I said all were PSA 9 except two, I meant to say eight of them are PSA 10's, two are PSA 9's. All of them EXCEPT two (PSA 10's) are being cracked out, because they are low PSA pops, one being pop 1.

They will all have a minimum grade required of 9.5 except the PSA 9's which will be min grade of a 9.

I'm a little nervous about it but I bought most of the PSA 10's for a decent price so if I don't get the results I want then no biggie, not much invested and I'll consider it a lesson and stay away from PSA Jordan's.

Nolan5000,
I hope your wrong, but generally speaking I'd tend to agree with you. They're not the best looking ten's but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this submission.

(05-07-2014, 04:35 PM)altz11 Wrote: I made a mistake on my original post.

I said all were PSA 9 except two, I meant to say eight of them are PSA 10's, two are PSA 9's. All of them EXCEPT two (PSA 10's) are being cracked out, because they are low PSA pops, one being pop 1.

They will all have a minimum grade required of 9.5 except the PSA 9's which will be min grade of a 9.

I'm a little nervous about it but I bought most of the PSA 10's for a decent price so if I don't get the results I want then no biggie, not much invested and I'll consider it a lesson and stay away from PSA Jordan's.

Nolan5000,
I hope your wrong, but generally speaking I'd tend to agree with you. They're not the best looking ten's but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this submission.
Good luck.....sure would be interested to see this same experiment without the minimum grade requirement and cracking them out of their slabs....
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(05-12-2014, 01:50 PM)dmasci Wrote: Good luck.....sure would be interested to see this same experiment without the minimum grade requirement and cracking them out of their slabs....
Yeah I thought about doing that, but I'd rather keep the two PSA 10's in PSA cases if they're not going to convert to BGS 9.5's, that way they will at least be low pop PSA 10's.