`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
topps magic box break /valuable set? hits
02-10-2013, 03:52 AM
topps magic box break /valuable set? hits
Are the Topps Magic worth investing more into? I cant find any info on these cards but I got a few nice hits in this small box break, don't know if these hold value.
Break was of the 7+1pack bought at Walmart. Pulled mostly rookies, alot of mini cards, and then even a few smaller. Few old timers (Barry Sanders, J Rice, E Smith)

The good hits were a Jimmy Graham auto #154,,Andrew Luck Rookie Enchanment RE AL,, Aaron Rodgers mini #200

The 2 that have me confused are the tiny 1948 cards.. I have a Justin Blackmon numbered 6 of 20,,,, and a Jerry Rice numbered 19 of 20. Both of these seem short print by the numbers on back but are not signed ??

I am confused by what I have and if I should keep collecting this series. Got a lot of nice other cards in the break but just cant find the info on them.
Thanks you all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: topps magic box break /valuable set? hits
since its so new, Beckett wont have info listed for a week or so.

Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefa...t=6&page=1
02-10-2013, 09:51 AM
On the minis, that is the card # in the set, not a serial #.

[Image: 58shJK5.png]
Banner courtesy of jbel4331

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/cinquemano/
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the replies, kind of figuring out how this set works now. Cant wait to see what is deemed valuable in here. So I bought out the stores KMART, 2 Targets, 3 Walmarts,,,, 9 Blaster Boxes (8 packs) and 23 Value Packs (3 packs + 3 Mini Blue Parallels)
Out of all of that, I only hit on 4 autographs (Kaepernick, J. Graham, Alfred Morris, Dontari Poe, and a Doug Martin Redemption Card)...No autographs out of all of those Value Packs, only got them from the Blasters. A lot of rookies, 2 RG3 1 Luck rookies, and about 7 Andrew Luck Rookie Enchantments. A lot of minis. Hit a lot of the 1948 minis from the Blaster but none from the Value Packs.
I really hope these come out with a good value. I wasnt impressed with the Value Packs because I was expecting maybe a few more autograph hits with the amount I bought and spent on these ($10ea).. The Blasters reeled me in fast with the first few hits on my first couple of boxes ($20ea), but then it tapered down. Great looking cards. Think I will try to find a hobby box online this week and give it one more try. Any insight on this Magic would be appreciated. Thank you guys so much for all your help on here!
02-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Dude you did awesome out of those blasters. you got 5 autos since the martin will be one too. the kaep, morris, and martin are all very good ones for this year. bummer on the packs though.

[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Any Jacquizz Rodgers?

[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%
02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I will check and let you know. I have a total of 7 Andrew Luck Rookie Enchantment. They dont fit in the toploaders because they are super thick. Waiting for the vendor to drop off more Blaster Boxes at walmart, I have decided not to go for these 3pack value packs any more. Wouldnt mind a hobby box of these, can anyone recommend where to go for the best price? I will buy a few at a time, so every buck or so with a good shipping rate is what I am looking for. These cards look really cool, I also wonder if there are any SP picture variation cards in here.